Looking back in time..

  • Thread starter Thread starter Traviizter
  • 8 comments
  • 1,044 views
Messages
1,095
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Messages
Traviizter
No, I'm not talking about time travel ;) I mean looking back in my GT5 garage, seeing my first few cars and how far they/we've come. For example, I looked through and remember my little Fiat 500, the 3rd car I bought and how I tuned it up adding the most performance parts I could. Oh, how much fun I had :) I even nicknamed it the 'Abarth' (some of you may remember this ;) ).
Now I'm going through my garage and seeing the choices I took in my game, having fun fine tuning my early purchases when I had no idea how to tune a car properly.
Try it.. it's quite fun, and even though it's only been 4 months or so since the game came out it can bring back memories. :')
 
I still find the slower cars to be the most fun to drive. I am loving the challenge of the seasonal races PD added trying to win in my stock 89 skyline with just an oil change. I have yet to sell a car in my garage, up to about 450 now :-)
 
Yeah, I love the slower cars as well. Most people tend to say 'The slower cars are such a waste of time! Why the hell did PD put them in?!' when in fact they can be very rewarding to drive :dopey:
 
Yeah, I love the slower cars as well. Most people tend to say 'The slower cars are such a waste of time! Why the hell did PD put them in?!' when in fact they can be very rewarding to drive :dopey:
Absolutely, a compact car like the '98 civic type r, 200hp and comfort hard tires it's 10000 times better than a X2010 to drive...
 
vanon
absolutely, a compact car like the '98 civic type r, 200hp and comfort hard tires it's 10000 times better than a x2010 to drive...

+1
 
Good Thread... I agree to all of the above, i love going back to some of my first purchases to 'Have a Crack' again...

BTW... My first car was that 1985' SAVANNA RX-7
 

Attachments

Last edited:
I agree, races with faster cars tend to end up more dead set and lonley, where slower ones help keep everyone together. My first car was the honda civic in the premium shop, i fully tuned it and even gabe it red rims, never gonna sell that car...
 
My first was a really nice little six speed mr2. I went straight for the used cars without looking at premium. I thought it would be like gt4, the only new car you could afford being that really slow, even for sunday cup, civic. I look back and just think Doh!
Could have done some of the first liscence and bought a spoon crz. And got a trophy for it!!! :dunce: But i do keep going back, buying tyres and generally making some very fun cars!
 
I had a 3 day delay after release date but had the internet flat out. Then I worked my way through too quickly and didn't stop to smell the new car smells. I didn't have the same sense of achievement as previous GT5 titles. My first car was a pre planned purchase to assist me right through the first levels. No love there, not even lust. I ruined my GT5 beginnings.

But after being bored grinding an FGT one day, I had an idea. What if I restart? What if I transfer over only the most important cars and do it all again? Only this time I could enjoy it more by handicapping myself to bring the field closer. If i loose a race, so what?

I also have spent more time doing the other things GT5 has to offer. Photo mode, Arcade mode, Track Builder and online. No target level, no hurry, just enjoying the ride(s).
 
Back