Looking for a drum beat generatorMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bram Turismo
  • 5 comments
  • 809 views

Bram Turismo

Go Flying Lizards!
Premium
Messages
10,902
Belgium
Belgium
Messages
bramturismo
A straight forward question actually, I've grown tired of playing on my own for 2 years now, I want to play some funk with my bass, along with a funky drum beat.

Is there some software, if possible free, that contains a simple program for my computer to play with drum beats?

Here's what I mean:


Only that the drum beat would be played by the program on my computer :)




Thanks,
 
I make no claim as to the quality of any of these, but they might fit the bill.
 
Might check out Ez-Drummer. Also check out their premium offering: Superior Drummer 2.0.

Seems to be the industry standard. I need a OS update on my mac to be compatible so I haven't tried it yet. When things slow down in the studio, I have plans to upgrade my OSX so I can utilize this amazing software.

Also check out some of the Sound Forge stuff.
 
Might check out Ez-Drummer. Also check out their premium offering: Superior Drummer 2.0.

Seems to be the industry standard. I need a OS update on my mac to be compatible so I haven't tried it yet. When things slow down in the studio, I have plans to upgrade my OSX so I can utilize this amazing software.

Also check out some of the Sound Forge stuff.

Looks perfect 👍

Is this a plugin program or a standard .exe program? I've heard about this priogram before, but I've heard it's some sort of plugin and it requires Cubase to run it. I don't even know what Cubase is, but I'll certainly check out that EZ Drummer further :cheers:
 
EZ Drummer runs as a plugin but also has a standalone player with it to my knowledge.
 
If you want to have a portable "drummer" check out drumbeat generators at Musician's Friend or Sweetwater.

You can also hit up the music stores for "Jam" tracks that have entire bands with an open "space" for whatever instrument you choose.
I pretty sure that they are available for Guitar, Bass, and Drums.
It gives you "standards" in just about every genre you can think of to play lead, or rhythm with to bolster your chops.
good luck.
 
Back