Looking for a good Gr.3 car

• Thread starter Tekku
  • 4 comments
Sweden
Umeå
I really like racing these cars and I'm planning on buying my first one tomorrow. I need some advice though as there are quite a few of them in the game.

Are they all rather similar in performance or do they all have their strengths and weaknesses? Which ones are popular and why?

If you haven't already, I recommend breezing through some of the Campaign Mode. You're practically guaranteed at least one Gr.3 by the end of it.

I haven't experimented much in the full game with Gr.3, but I was partial to the AMG GT3 in the beta. It's a pretty good all-rounder, and being FR with a nat-asp engine, it's slightly more forgiving than some of the others.

The 911 RSR seems to be strong at Maggiore right now, if my time in races is any indication. I've managed a win there in it, but it requires a different approach than the AMG.

So far I've only really raced the F-Type GR.3 which I've found pretty good. If you don't use TCS it can be a handful though. In GT5/6 I always had TCS set to 0, but I've found that in GTS it's very difficult to use the high powered RWD cars without it. That being said, I now usually keep my TCS set to 2 and this makes the Jag very competitive against the other GR3 cars.

I've also seen people having great success with the GR3 Beetle, oddly enough. Overall, I think all the cars are fairly similar in performance, kind of the point of the grouping.

So far I've only really raced the F-Type GR.3 which I've found pretty good. If you don't use TCS it can be a handful though. In GT5/6 I always had TCS set to 0, but I've found that in GTS it's very difficult to use the high powered RWD cars without it. That being said, I now usually keep my TCS set to 2 and this makes the Jag very competitive against the other GR3 cars.

I've also seen people having great success with the GR3 Beetle, oddly enough. Overall, I think all the cars are fairly similar in performance, kind of the point of the grouping.

I just noticed that the circuit experience is a great way to try some of these cars. It's hard to distinguish their performances with so little testing though, so at the moment I've payed more attention to the look of the cockpit, the mirrors, indicators etc. The Subaru is probably the greatest in this regard as the front window is very big and there's a rear mirror screen that doesn't get blocked by the top HUD. I also like the Jaguar and Corvette as they both have great rpm and gear indicators.

Gonna do some more testing tomorrow before I decide but it leans towards the Subaru! :)

If you haven't already, I recommend breezing through some of the Campaign Mode. You're practically guaranteed at least one Gr.3 by the end of it.

I haven't experimented much in the full game with Gr.3, but I was partial to the AMG GT3 in the beta. It's a pretty good all-rounder, and being FR with a nat-asp engine, it's slightly more forgiving than some of the others.

The 911 RSR seems to be strong at Maggiore right now, if my time in races is any indication. I've managed a win there in it, but it requires a different approach than the AMG.

I'll be sure to check them out! I got a Gr. 3 car already from the campaign - the Hyundai. It's a solid car but the looks don't appeal to me. It bothers me that you cannot get rid of the red painting around the headlights.

I've been using the Atenza and find it good fun. I've yet to race against one and it can be a bit of a handful at times but I've had some success.

Back