Looking for a Gr.3 League but hate the BoP

• Thread starter Gintonyx
  • 8 comments
Germany
Munich
Are there any leagues or series out there that have solved the problem of the BoP?

I am looking for alternatives to…
  • first few teams to get to choose cars have an advantage, all seem to pick from the same small set of cars (Nissan, Subaru & the likes)
  • cool cars (McLaren F1, BMW M3, Merc SLS, Viper, DBR9) have very little to no chances of winning
  • with the next update of GT7 the top cars are shuffled around but ”level field” has never been achieved.
  • most series don’t allow tuning, so I have to adapt to a “given” car, have no way to tune for me.

In sim racing, the moment you add a second car, is the moment you get an OP/Meta car, it can’t be helped. Sim racers can spend countless hours figuring out which car can gain even an extra .001 over a track, so unfortunately there will always be a meta/op car. Best bet is to just drive what you like, and not worry about it, if it bothers you. 👍

We had the same thoughts in our league to be honest

Feel free to check out our post on here for GTi league we run on Mondays and it's vipers only this time...last season was a mixed selection of gr3 cars but not the usual.

Tuned cars no bop

We have gr3 vipers run in two categories (one has supercharger with more weight PRO and one without and lighter AM) teams of two one from each category.

Makes a fair even race, well tested before season to make sure it's close...

Think we have fixed our bop problem tbf 😂

Now we are talking! Really like the PRO/AM touch. I’ll sure check it out. I hope time zones check out, but if you’re from UK…
Yeah the difference between the cars are not too much lap to lap but tyre wear and fuel is slightly worse on the pro cars and slightly harder to drive so keeps it close still...

It's unique and took a lot of tests haha

Please do, post is on here...it's 8pm Monday nights UK time 😁

I have been running leagues since Jan 2011 and have done every possible thing to make the cars even. You can't unless you do a one make. However what I did find that has worked and everyone was cool with it is as follows.

1) Gr.3 Any Car
2) BoP No Tuning
3) Racing Mediums Only or you choice but keep it the same tire for everyone.
4) You cannot use the same car twice. 10 races you use 10 different cars.

There are plenty of Gr and street cars cars that you can choose from. Just keep track of each players car each week and validate that they are not using a car again. Gives everyone the chance to use the fast car but when to use it is some of the strategy.

Hope this helps

Latest Posts

Back