Looking for a new wheel!

• Thread starter Thommo95
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi all,

First off, I apologise for the post as I'm sure you've seen it 100x over!

I'm currently looking to get into sim racing and I'm looking at purchasing a new wheel, my budget is around £250-300

My current options are:

T300 GT - £289.00
T150 PRO - £189.00
T150 Standard - £70.00 (second-hand)
G29 - £200.00 (Includes shifter)

Without starting a civil war between the Logitech/Thrustmaster elite - which sounds like the better option?

I'm also looking at purchasing a T300 second-hand provided it also comes with the t3pa pedals in the range of £200 So if any of you lads/ladettes are looking to sell on your wheels and you're UK based, I would be interested.

Look forward to hearing your replies!

If you've never used a wheel before, you might might find that you don't like it. Best to go for the cheapest option first, & if you like it you can sell it on & upgrade.

VBR
If you've never used a wheel before, you might might find that you don't like it. Best to go for the cheapest option first, & if you like it you can sell it on & upgrade.

I once owned the standard T150, unfortunately it broke within a month and TM were useless in helping (Blamed me for a fault in the wheel!) So I abandoned sim racing for a while.

I'm personally torn between the T150 PRO and the T300 GT - my issue being that I don't know if I can justify £100 more on a wheel that I've heard has marginal FFB differences

In short, looking for a new wheel is much harder than I anticipated! Haha

I once owned the standard T150, unfortunately it broke within a month and TM were useless in helping (Blamed me for a fault in the wheel!) So I abandoned sim racing for a while.

I'm personally torn between the T150 PRO and the T300 GT - my issue being that I don't know if I can justify £100 more on a wheel that I've heard has marginal FFB differences

In short, looking for a new wheel is much harder than I anticipated! Haha

If you are planning to use it a lot and perhaps upgrading in the future. I'd say the T300 GT. You can swap rims within the ecosystem. You cant with the T150. Also the T300 is much smoother and stronger then the T150. If you dont care for swapping rims and upgrading though, I would chose the G29 (which I have owned). A little less powerfull, a bit notchy, but very reliable and complete. It has some unique features and also it comes with a shifter which is a good deal.

The difference between these two wheels is not marginal.
I'm also looking at purchasing a T300 second-hand provided it also comes with the t3pa pedals in the range of £200 So if any of you lads/ladettes are looking to sell on your wheels and you're UK based, I would be interested.
I would not buy T300 second-hand.

I bought t300rs 2nd hand. I figured I'd let someone else go through the pain of getting hold of a reliable one. It's been absolutely fine.

I like being able to change the rims on it.

Got it with a wheel stand pro (and including the t3pa pedals) for around £200

Back