Looking for a proper sound setup worth the name

• Thread starter Mr Yang
  • 1 comments
Ever since the first version of GT (which was a huge disappointment to say the least) I have been struggling with a good and proper sound setup for race car inspired console games like the GT4 and failed consequently every time.

1995 I used my five channel surround sound Yamaha amplifier and an old technics equalizer with the JPW510 (and ML110 as rear) with the PS1. I tried with GT1, V-rally, WipeOut2097 and alike for a good setting. Well, that was impossible. Not only it did sound bad, it sound terrible, with the exception of WipeOut 2097 - the best soundtracks compiled next to MGS2 made ever ;-)

With the arrival of the PS2, I was expecting earth-booming sound experiences, especially with digital-out, DVD built in and the ambition for Sony to take the PS2 to the next sound barrier. However, here I am, playing GT4 prologue, starting up the McLaren F1 GTR and asking - WHERE THE **** IS THE BASS??? Not even with Logitechs latest incarnation of the Z-680 (the Z-5500THX) I can experience the earth-shaking rumble associated to this car. For the Gt4 release I'll go for the JMLab Chorus 707 satellites with a velodyne - I think that its maybe the only way to go. Anyone that HAVE succeed in a good, nice and proper sound setup that *kicks ass* are welcomed to share it with me.

best regards,
marcus, sweden
Ps. YES - I used the search feat. And NO, I couldn't find anytning. and YES, if you are a moderator you can move it to where it belongs.

Back