Looking for advice on GT Omega ART/Pro from owners

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 16 comments

Snaeper

Premium
United States
Phoenix, AZ
GTP_Snaeper
EDIT: The original content of this thread can be found below. I did not want to make yet another thread, nor did I see a recent enough GT Omega thread worth resurrecting, so I chose to re-title this successful inquiry thread into a new one regarding a seat/frame combo that was suggested to me in the original line of questioning that can be found below.

Okay, so I'm highly interested in hearing thoughts and inputs from GT Omega ART and Pro owners now. Originally, I was mostly looking at the Pro after I was suggested the model below by VBR I believe. However, I think the ART might meet my needs just as well if not better.

Originally, I wanted to use a seat from my Toyota Celica for nostalgia purposes, and inquired to GT Omega on the possibility of using that. The Rep (John, I believe) said that as long as I had seat sliders, then I should be all good, but looking at both the ART and Pro, I'm noticing the seat sliders might be highly elevated for their seats, and I do not believe the Celica's will put me up that high.

John was incredibly enthusiastic and did his best to answer my questions, but I still felt like I wasn't getting the information no matter how I asked. So I was curious if there are any ART/Pro owners on here that could tell me about how the seats are mounted to the sliders, and how the sliders mount to the frame. I would like to know how much DIYing I'll have to do once I get the frame, or if it'd just be better to pick up a frame with the seat anyways.

tl;dr I'm wondering how the seats attach to GT Omega ART/Pro frames and if a standard car seat can attach with ease, while still allowing ease of use of the controls. Preferably from someone who owns an ART/Pro and even better, if someone has bought the No Seat option.

The original topic of this thread in regards to Fanatec Wheel advice can be found here:
Hey there, thanks for reading!

So I've just gotten back into Gran Turismo (some months ago, now) and purchased a PS4 and GT Sport for the occasion. I love racing online but I've realized that there's really only so much you can do with a controller and I've decided it's time to fully commit to the hobby and get a basic rig together (thinking of Playseat Alcantara unless someone would like to convince me otherwise!). Previously on GT5 Prologue, GT5 and GT6 I used a G27 wheel, but that has been sitting around collecting dust for some years now.

I had planned to sell it, but after reading up the world that is frankenstein-ing accessories together for sim-racing, I realize that there is some worth to be found in the pedal set and definitely the shifter.

I am pretty set on wanting to get the Fanatec CSL Elite at this point, as it sounds like most of the features are compatible with GT Sport, which is the main title I'm going to be playing. I also want to get a load cell, but it looks to be a significant investment to bump up to that from the basic CSL Elite kit.

Doing the basic math on that is $400 for the Wheel Base, $90~ for the basic wheel (is GT Sport Compatible with more advanced wheels from Fanatec?) and $200 for the Loadcell pedal set running at a total (before taxes and shipping) of $690, assuming no crazy mark up from vendors as well.

Searching around, I discovered that Ricmotech sells a Load cell kit for my G27 pedal set as well as the Leo Bodnar Adapter to get the pedals to work with a Fanatec wheel (I'm presuming, since it specifies any wheel). Now that'd run me $490 for the wheel and base, then $130 for the Ricmo Loadcell and $37 for the Cable adapter. Total (before yadda yadda) $657

tl;dr Is it worth it to potentially save $30-40 USD and just use the G27 pedals? Are Fanatecs CSL Elite pedals and Loadcell significantly higher quality to justify a jump?

Alternatively, what's the used market look like for G27's? I know the shifter is desirable for those wanting a gated shifter, but I'd want to move the whole package ideally.

Thank you for your time and any responses!

Last edited:
You are welcome.

IMHO, definitely not.

AFAIK, yes.

You are welcome.
Thinking about it some more, I believe that'll be best to ensure compatibility is sorted out.

Thank you.

If you sell your G27 (wheel, pedals and shifter), you'd get quite a bit of money to put into the Fanatec system. Maybe around $100? Not sure what they go for used in the US.

And you would get the Fanatec system as a whole. 👍

I would suggest just going all out fanatec, especially as you're using it on a ps4 and it's a matter of $30-40.

Alternatively, have you considered a GIMX adapter to use your G27 on the PS4? I use one on mine and it's fantastic. Really easy to use, you just need a PC or laptop to run a basic programme through to fool the PS4 into thinking you're using a G29. I bought mine off eBay for £27, but you can make them for less than £15.

I would suggest just going all out fanatec, especially as you're using it on a ps4 and it's a matter of $30-40.

Alternatively, have you considered a GIMX adapter to use your G27 on the PS4? I use one on mine and it's fantastic. Really easy to use, you just need a PC or laptop to run a basic programme through to fool the PS4 into thinking you're using a G29. I bought mine off eBay for £27, but you can make them for less than £15.
I was looking at that, for sure. At the very least as a temporary solution to spread out the cost of the investment over a period of time (buy the playseat and then after a few months, the Fanatec and use the G27 in the meantime). I was looking at the drivehub(?) but it seems to have a shaky amount of support at this point.

I've also noticed the wheel and hub are sold together sans pedal for an additional $10usd discount, for what it's worth, but that would apply to both builds.

Last edited:
The FFB in GT Sport isn't that great, & is a real step backwards from GT6. So, getting an expensive wheel might not be worth it. My advice is to keep the G27 & use it via a Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter. Then, throw a NIXIM V2 Brake Mod into your G27 pedals set. I've used the Fanatec CSR Elite pedals with a load cell before, & the NIXIM feels very similar to me.

Alcantara is a dust trap, & it can be difficult to keep clean. I have a Playseat Evolution in black vinyl & it looks as good as the day I bought it 10 years ago. However, there are better rigs out there nowadays, & ones without a centre pole. I'd consider the GT Omega ART/PRO, as it is not crazy expensive, & has no centre pole either.

👍

The drivehub and cronusmax are basically a GIMX without the need for a PC (with a higher price tag). I highly recommend the GIMX, there is a forum that has good support and the profile programme allows you to easily map buttons (the base profile when I got mine was missing the bottom two buttons on the G27 wheel but they were soon assigned to the + and - buttons that are on the G29. It's as easy as assigning buttons in-game). Of course you may not have a pc next to your PS4 so this may be not be the best solution for your needs.

VBR
Then, throw a NIXIM V2 Brake Mod into your G27 pedals set. I've used the Fanatec CSR Elite pedals with a load cell before, & the NIXIM feels very similar to me.

+1 on the Nixim. I have had mine for nearly a year now and it has been great.

@VBR Thanks for the recommendation on GT Omega, the seat-less version is right up my alley assuming it works universally with automobile seats since I've got a Celica destined for the scrapper and one of it's seats would be perfect, especially for the nostalgia. Good to hear that a Fanatec might be overkill at this point, and with an uncertain lifespan for the PS4 that might be best. I feel comfortable enough to try the GIMX.

@rj5992 (and VBR) The spring mods were also something I was looking at until I decided to power on with a Fanatec wheel. If I'm keeping the G27, I'm definitely doing the Loadcell adapter from Ricmo as well. As that comes with a spring, would it be advised to swap out the brake spring? I'm also not seeing US sales on the site so I might have to look at another option?

So it appears that these spring options would not seem to work with a Ricmotech load cell mod, which is something I'm more interested in. Would probably do clutch or gas springs though, but it seems like the brake spring is the one everyone wants to upgrade anyways.

So it appears that these spring options would not seem to work with a Ricmotech load cell mod, which is something I'm more interested in. Would probably do clutch or gas springs though, but it seems like the brake spring is the one everyone wants to upgrade anyways.

NIXIM do a two-stage clutch spring, which adds some feel to it. However, in GT Sport the clutch is useless, & they've made it even worse in the last update. Buying a stiffer spring for the throttle isn't worth it imo if you're replacing the brake spring anyway as you can pop that in the throttle pedal.

VBR
NIXIM do a two-stage clutch spring, which adds some feel to it. However, in GT Sport the clutch is useless, & they've made it even worse in the last update. Buying a stiffer spring for the throttle isn't worth it imo if you're replacing the brake spring anyway as you can pop that in the throttle pedal.
Thats what I was gathering from watching. The Ricmotech spring seems about the same size so maybe it could swap for a gteye/nixim progressive spring?

I really had no plans to use the clutch and am wondering why I thought to ask.

The Sim Racing Garage guy swapped his old brake spring for the clutch and the clutch for the throttle and that's probably what I'd do.

The Ricmotech spring seems about the same size so maybe it could swap for a gteye/nixim progressive spring?

Absolutely not! The Ricmotech load cell mod will only work with the spring it comes with. It is designed to move a couple of centimetres then stop dead, level with the throttle pedal, this facilitates easier heel & toe as well as imitating certain real-life race car brake pedals. The GTEye is designed to be pushed all the way down, & is just a two-stage spring designed to make braking stiffer.

Hey guys, so I'm kinda hijacking my old thread with a new topic to keep all my inquiries in one area and not clutter up the sub forum with numerous threads.

I've updated the title and OP in regards to my new question about GT Omega's No Seat options and am wondering if anyone has gone that route with either the ART or the Pro frame. Or if anyone who has any ART or Pro frame can offer an opinion on how difficult it would be to attach a different seat to the frame. There is not a lot of information in regards to the no seat option and GT Omega's customer rep was helpful but still left me wanting in regards to some information.

I appreciate any help you could offer and would be happy to elaborate what I'm asking if you have any questions. Thank you.

Back