Looking for an Group 3 Allrounder!

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaniWick_073
  • 9 comments
  • 4,404 views
Messages
2
Germany
Germany
Hello everyone,
I need your help!!
Currently I'm driving the McLaren 650S GT3 in an private GT Sport League called "GT Masters World Tour".But the problem is that the McLaren sounds best,but isn't fast and I need a car that is fast in the corners and the straights.

My season goes til Feburary, but I'm preparing for the next season.

So I need your picks of cars you would choose when you drive on tracks like Interlagos,Red Bull Ring, Monza, Suzuka and Nurbürgring GP!!!
 
The M3 GT, 911 RSR and Beetle Gr.3 are all great choices. The Porsche is the most popular car because it's the easiest to use, the Beetle fills largely the same role, and the M3 is also good in the corners however it understeers a bit more. What you pay in understeer you make up for in sound.
 
The M3 GT, 911 RSR and Beetle Gr.3 are all great choices. The Porsche is the most popular car because it's the easiest to use, the Beetle fills largely the same role, and the M3 is also good in the corners however it understeers a bit more. What you pay in understeer you make up for in sound.
Thanks for your picks m8!
 
I wouldn’t say the Porsche is easy on wheel
Mare cedes is great
 
It all depends on if setups are available or not, and the fuel / tyre multipliers. Although looking at the track list you mentionned, the calendar looks geared more towards cornering than top speed.

The car I drive the most in Gr.3 is the Mazda, that car has basically all the pros and cons of maxed downforce settings : great braking and cornering, but top speed is really bad (even with the current 106% power BoP), and if the series have a high fuel multiplier, it really drinks a lot of fuel. It's up to the point on the last exhibition FIA race on Tokyo South it was the only car which needed a refuel in a practice lobby.

I think the AMG GT is a safe bet under every circumstances though, easy to figure out, good endurance car, under the current BoP I don't think it's the best anywhere in terms of qualifying pace, but race pace is good and consitent. Drove it for a couple endurances, you get confident with it pretty quickly.

The Subaru and Mitsubishi are also good cars, balanced and easy to drive, I know them less, but the Lancer is a car I immediately felt was very good from a couples laps.

With setups, the McLaren can be really fast on mid-high speed flowing tracks. Did a series with it, it felt especially good at Seaside II. It's harder to set it up for tracks with more variety. I struggled finding a good setup on the Nurburgring GP but that was my first race in this championship, and my first with setups in GTS. It has the potential to be fast, but it's in the harder to control cars spectrum.

The Porsche is obviously a strong car in the current BoP for anything but long straights, it's definitely going to be fast in that championship. You gotta learn to use its good traction to your advantage for slow sections. Fast flowing sections, just let the GTE aero package shine.
 
911 RSR is my go-to Gr.3 unless there is an obvious meta choice. It's the best all-rounder Gr.3 in my opinion.
 
I think it really depends a lot on if tuning is allowed. I do a lot of BOP on racing and my left field choice would probably be the Huracan, great in a straight line, and does take some getting used to in the corners to be fast, but it's definitely up there.
 
...any real GT3 is good, but there are some that are a bit more twitchie like R8 and Huracan, RSR is by far best allrounder and it's good with tire wear also.

Give a try to VW VGT and Atenza... Atenza is pretty boosted now...
 
I use the VW GTI roadster as well as it is quick through the corners and in a straight line too.
 
I'm pretty hooked on the Vantage. I use motion sense, I find it behaves in the corners, has great traction, and has a decent turn of speed, it can hang on to the mustang, which is another favourite of mine. It's my go to car for Barcelona, the mustang for RBR Ring. The Mustang is a good all rounder for the likes of Monza and some others. I love the M3 but it seems to lack a bit of top end speed maybe?
 
Back