Looking for complete list of paint chips

United States
Adrian, Mich.
cargorat323
CargoRatt
Hey guys, I've decided to start collecting all paint chips in the game. (Yes, I'm that bored. :lol:) I was wondering first, if anyone knows, how many different chips there are? Second, does anyone know, or have, a list of chips available in the game, preferably by manufacturer. I know already about the threads here that show partial lists, but I'm looking for a complete one. I also know about the one for GT5, but that obviously doesn't contain the new cars. If there is no such list, I guess I'll just have to use the one from GT5 and go from there. Thanks for any help.

I actually have a checklist I used many moons ago for this exact thing, all sorted by manufacturer in separate .txts purely for this app (it has the ability to import .txt files). If you would like, I can go through them and add any missing new chips and clear up a few inconsistencies and them upload a zip of them if you would like!

As a preview before I check them, I have stuck Abarth in the bottom of this post.

I'll get back to you once I have added the extra bits!

Attachments

• Abarth.txt
    159 bytes · Views: 93
I actually have a checklist I used many moons ago for this exact thing, all sorted by manufacturer in separate .txts purely for this app (it has the ability to import .txt files). If you would like, I can go through them and add any missing new chips and clear up a few inconsistencies and them upload a zip of them if you would like!

As a preview before I check them, I have stuck Abarth in the bottom of this post.

I'll get back to you once I have added the extra bits!

Yes, that would be great if you could do that for me. Thanks for your response and willingness to help, much appreciated. :cheers:

Yes, that would be great if you could do that for me. Thanks for your response and willingness to help, much appreciated. :cheers:
Right, hopefully this is all correct!

There are a few differences between the txts and in-game (like some Imprezas have (Type-Whatever) after their name in game but not in the txt and some greys/grays might be swapped in spelling; also some paints might be missing Metallic or Perleffekt or whatever after the name, but this is a very small amount).

Also, these paints might be missing from the list (All paints are from new-to-GT6 cars apart from Metallic probably):

Solids Missing:
Belon White
Yellow
Light Blue
Electric Green

Metallics Missing (Unsure what cars for both of these, but there is another version of both paints in the same manufacturer that they are missing from):
Honda - Quantum Gray Metallic
Toyota - Orange Metallic

Pearls Missing:
Glacial Blue
Crystal White Pearl
Tungsten Black Metallic

But hopefully this helps you and many others! If there is a problem or I have been a pillock and missed something, just give me a shout and I'll correct it!

If I find out where the above paints came from I'll stick a post in here.

Cheers!

Attachments

• GT6 Paints.zip
    50.9 KB · Views: 162
Right, hopefully this is all correct!

There are a few differences between the txts and in-game (like some Imprezas have (Type-Whatever) after their name in game but not in the txt and some greys/grays might be swapped in spelling; also some paints might be missing Metallic or Perleffekt or whatever after the name, but this is a very small amount).

Also, these paints might be missing from the list (All paints are from new-to-GT6 cars apart from Metallic probably):

Solids Missing:
Belon White
Yellow
Light Blue
Electric Green

Metallics Missing (Unsure what cars for both of these, but there is another version of both paints in the same manufacturer that they are missing from):
Honda - Quantum Gray Metallic
Toyota - Orange Metallic

Pearls Missing:
Glacial Blue
Crystal White Pearl
Tungsten Black Metallic

But hopefully this helps you and many others! If there is a problem or I have been a pillock and missed something, just give me a shout and I'll correct it!

If I find out where the above paints came from I'll stick a post in here.

Cheers!

Thank you so much, you have been more than helpful. :bowdown: :cheers:

@GTP_CargoRatt

I can give you a number of the paint chips.

2.881 different paint chips. This number includes the custom paint chips from Anniversary Edition.

Info grabbed from @StarLight who has in his Stockyard ALL cars in ALL color combinations.

:)👍

Exactly ... own at the moment 6971 cars in all available colors plus own paintwork.

Have at the moment 2881 genuine colors ...
but I missed form 5 events the paint chips, so it the available colors must be actually 2886 in total.

upload_2015-5-3_14-3-50.png

If you need more info, just send me a PM.

Have a nice day
:cheers:

Nice work @CostasDrifter @StarLight @con360 👍

Those text files were really useful.

GTPlanet always comes through to those in need :gtpflag:

Have fun obsessive collecting those last few paint chips @GTP_CargoRatt :lol:

I've converted the text files into a global spreadsheet which I have now attached, for anyone who wants to have something that they can "tick" off ...

If you don't have Microsoft Office download the free Apache OpenOffice which works fine for simple spreadsheet work.

PS I've just checked and I've got 633 colours now... only 2253 short :crazy:

EDIT - There seem to be 2 GT Grey-001-W paints listed under Gran Turismo - is this correct or is it duplication error? I'm assuming its a duplication for the purposes of the spreadsheet

Attachments

• GT6 Paints.xls
    408 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

I've converted the text files into a global spreadsheet which I have now attached, for anyone who wants to have something that they can "tick" off ...

If you don't have Microsoft Office download the free Apache OpenOffice which works fine for simple spreadsheet work.

EDIT - There seem to be 2 GT Grey-001-W paints listed under Gran Turismo - is this correct or is it duplication error? I'm assuming its a duplication for the purposes of the spreadsheet
Awesome, and yeah that GT Grey is a duplication error, sorry about that.

Toyota - Orange Metallic
Orange Metallic - Toyota CALDINA GT-FOUR '02
Orange Metallic - Toyota FT-86 Concept '09
Orange Metallic - Toyota FT-86II concept '11, TOYOTA 86 "Racing" '13, TOYOTA 86 GT '12
Those three possess their own slots in the paint shop list, and there are no other examples of Orange Metallic from the Toyota dealership. Those are the ones I can be absolutely sure of at this time.

Those three possess their own slots in the paint shop list, and there are no other examples of Orange Metallic from the Toyota dealership. Those are the ones I can be absolutely sure of at this time.

This may be true but they only count as one chip in the chip count, right? As an experiment, I just bought those 3 chips from those cars and my chip count did not change. As I said during my quest, if a car in the same dealership had the same color chip as another car in that same dealership, I only bought the one car. Your example above is a good example of this and what I was doing. I only bought the TOYOTA 86 GT '12 to avoid wasting money on duplicate chips. That's why I just did my little experiment just now to see if that is where I am missing some chips and no, seems not.

This may be true but they only count as one chip in the chip count, right?
I've only been monitoring chip count for the particularly expensive cars (I bought the Ford GT in Mark IV Red and then backed up my save to a flash drive prior to buying the Mark IV Race Car and determining they occupy the same spot--I'll have to get back to you regarding the in-game chip count as it relates to the list.

Edit: Sure enough, my stats sheet count is 7 short of the number of slots used in the paint shop.

Last edited:
Edit: Sure enough, my stats sheet count is 7 short of the number of slots used in the paint shop.
@GTP_CargoRatt I did a recount and found that my own generated list of paints matches with the Stats Sheet count exactly (currently 1507 accounted for). I can only assume I had a brain fart when checking for the previous post, perhaps counting empty spaces in the spreadsheet. Is it possible you purchased the paint chips (that is the vehicles that provide them) prior to coveting them all?

I didn't really want to create a new thread for asking a question that may be answered in here.
Exactly ... own at the moment 6971 cars in all available colors plus own paintwork.

Have at the moment 2881 genuine colors ...
but I missed form 5 events the paint chips, so it the available colors must be actually 2886 in total.

View attachment 359169

If you need more info, just send me a PM.

Have a nice day
:cheers:
Have you ever came across a "Cyber Green Metallic"?
I had it in GT5 and I do not know what I got it from on there. If you know if it is in GT6 and where to get it that would be awesome. 👍

EDIT: I found it magically. After a week of loking for it. :rolleyes: it is on the 2000 Beatle!

Last edited:

I have been trying to find a purple that is close to the Deep Purple from the Infinity Vision GT. I bought the car but didn't get the paint chip. I have the Midnight Purple from Nissan but it is a darker purple. I have gone through several threads dealing with paint chips and I know there were some events that I either missed during my ministry trips or events that I could not win, specifically all of the Drift Events since I never could figure out how to drift with a DS3. So If anyone may happen to know about a purple that is close to the Deep Purple Infinity color please reply. I know this has been a dead subject for a long time, I just have my fingers crossed that maybe there is one out there since PD in their :banghead: 🤬 🤬:banghead: wisdom won't allow us to share paint like in GT5.

Back