Looking for help with tunes.

United States
Michigan
ErieFLOW
I recently juts bought a couple of new cars (used) to experiment my love for drifting. Although I'm new to the aspect on GT5, i couldn't pass up the opportunity to let these go.

I prefer them to be controller adaptable because I don't have a wheel :indiff: Every and any help would be nice!

Here are the tunes I'm looking for:
96' 240SX (S14, not the hatchback).
91' Silva K's (S13)
95' RX-7 Type R-S (FD,J)
04' Impreza Sedan WRX STi Spec C

The last car I've heard doesn't drift very well, but I would still like one just for ***** and giggles.

As I said before, any help finding these would be great! I've looked several times and cannot find them.

I took a gander again and couldn't find anything on the 96' 240SX (i have the non-hatchback) and 04' Impreza Sedan WRX STi Spec C. :indiff:

I really wanna tune my 240sx, but I'm not sure if the hatchback tuning would work on mine.

I took a gander again and couldn't find anything on the 96' 240SX (i have the non-hatchback) and 04' Impreza Sedan WRX STi Spec C. :indiff:

I really wanna tune my 240sx, but I'm not sure if the hatchback tuning would work on mine.

240SX = S14

Impreza = 4WD = No one will tune them unless drivetrain has been swapped.

If you're looking for a good base tune for any of your S-Chassis cars, use the one made by TwinTurboCH, which can be found in the thread Godfrey linked for you.

So you want us to do your leg work and search through that thread where all of those tunes are available..? the information has been provided for you, just because you have to actively search doesn't mean it's "Not there"

You will not or are at least very unlikely to find a drift tune for a 4WD car on this forum. Could be some laying around though.

So you want us to do your leg work and search through that thread where all of those tunes are available..? the information has been provided for you, just because you have to actively search doesn't mean it's "Not there"

You will not or are at least very unlikely to find a drift tune for a 4WD car on this forum. Could be some laying around though.

I wasn't asking anyone to my leg work and go out of there way to specifically look for them. I was just curious if anyone had a tune for the car and/or ever heard of one for it. I did not mean to make it sound like that in any way. So i do apologize for that Husky. :indiff:

For the cars you got there is no need to tune(except the imp I don't do 4wd) buy comfy hards take of all driving aids and go take a slide. You can add some power if need be keep practicing and learn a car before asking for a tune. Unless you can't figure out transmission problems that's understandable(Sion and option stream).

I think you need to understand how a tune works with drift cars...

In most cases, tunes do not make a car drift. A driver makes a car drift.

Tunes can make a car drift more easily or with more performance but it will not teach you how to drift or make your drifting any more impressive if you haven't reached your limits yet.

Drift the car stock, on the stock tires. If you can do that successfully, without wrecking or making a fool of yourself, drop the tires down to CH, and start playing around with the settings. Add or remove power, change the way the torque curve looks, lower the suspension, change the ride heights, stiffen or loosen the dampeners. At this point, its not about what makes the car "drift better" as it is about learning how one change in tuning (such a lowered or raised front end) translates to how the car handles in the game. Take most tuning suggestions (like "lock the diff"...) cautiously, because there is lots of misinformation.

Then, look at some of the other tunes. At this point, they do not improve your drifting. But they give you insight into how other people like their cars to be set up. This is when you should start asking for other people's tunes. Before this point, it won't do you any good.

Maybe read up a bit on tuning, do some google searches. By now you should feel comfortable drifting most, if not many cars, and should be able to adjust the tunes with some level of confidence in what you are doing.

After all of that, a long time from now, if you still want to find something even better, poke your head into my tuning garage and ask me some well-informed, researched questions. You'll do well to learn driving and tuning as a single thing when it comes to drifting, not to try and work with someone else's tune or hope a tune will allow you to drift better.

new to drifting here as well...
how does one lock the diff on GT5 ?
What car's are good for starting out with?
so far i am using a Mustang..the GT Coupe premium is it decent?

new to drifting here as well...
how does one lock the diff on GT5 ?
What car's are good for starting out with?
so far i am using a Mustang..the GT Coupe premium is it decent?

How does one lock the diff?

First, I'd suggest you use the search function for basic questions like that. It has been answered a few dozen times on this board. That said, I'm a nice guy, so ill tell ya :lol:
- to mimic a welded diff, set the diff settings to 60/60/60
- to mimic a 2 way LSD, set the diff to 5/60/60.
Opinions vary, but I feel their is no "best" diff setting. It all depends on your car, your skill, and your goals.

What cars are good for starting out with?

Again, there is an FAQ stickied at the top of the drift forums with answers to questions like this. If you're to lazy to look, try either the Mazda FC3S RX7, or the Nissan PS13 Silvia K's.

Is the mustang good?

Again, "good" is a matter of opinion. In my eyes, there really isn't good or bad drift cars...just different cars capable of different things.

That said, I personally don't like the Mustang, as it doesn't suit my style. It has way too much excessive wheelspin for my liking, and it is slow as hell. The Mustang would certainly not be one of my first suggestions as a car to learn in.

A general point directed at the whole thread:

As others have said, one should really learn how to tune on their own. It's an intemidating learning curve...but IMO, learning how to tune to suit your own personal driving style is almost as important as simply learning how to drive. It will make you a much better drifter in the long run.

Edit: corviwulf I just noticed you have over 100 posts on GTP...you should most definitely know how to use the search function by now, and should know to read stickied FAQs before asking basic questions. Not being rude, just sayin.....

Husky, twitcher, GhostZ, and Junipers:

I appreciate your guys (and gal? GhostZ's PSN says fairlady ghost, if not sorry :lol:) help and understanding. I'm gonna definitely try out the cars bone-stock and see what I can do. After awhile, I will experiment and make something of my own.

GhostZ, I will take you up on that offer. When I'm ready, I will get ahold of you and get your input with well-informed AND actual researched questions. Not the bs I accidently pulled off 👍

Back