Looking for music recommendationsMusic 

United States
Indiana
pie4july
Hello everyone. I am always on the hunt for new music, and I was wondering if someone could help recommend me music based off of my tastes? I don't really know how to describe my taste, I like a wide variety of genres and have provided samples below that I believe most accurately describe what I like.

I don't have any of R&B/Hip-Hop Songs so I'd really like recommendations for that, but I'm always willing to hear recommendations on ANY genre. I prefer lesser known artists but accept recommendations for all.

Listen to music/watch videos at your own discretion. Some may contain mature content.

Some of my top artists/songs that I think best reflect my taste include
--
Meg Myers - Desire (Rock)
Meg Myers - Numb (Rock)
Meg Myers - Little Black Death (Rock)

GROVES - Faded Love (Alternative)
GROVES - Urges (Alternative)
GROVES - Ender (Alternative)

Carvel - Fading (Alternative)

Parkway Drive - The Void (Metal)

Royal Hunt - Fistful of Misery (Metal)
Royal Hunt - A Million Ways to Die (Metal)

Bon Jovi - Love Hurts (Demo) (Rock)
Bon Jovi - This House Is Not For Sale (Rock)
Bon Jovi - We Don't Run (Rock)

Jason Aldean - Like You Were Mine (Country)
Jason Aldean - Wheels Rollin' (Country)

Amy Shark - Middle of The Night (Alternative)
Amy Shark - I Said Hi (Alternative)
Amy Shark - Mess Her Up (Alternative)

DREAMERS - Painkiller (Acoustic) (Alternative)

You need some Blues, Funk and Classic Rock in there!

Stevie Ray Vaughn
Eric Clapton
Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Parliament
Wild Cherry
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Queen
CCR
Allman Brothers Band

Off the top of my head. :)

Edit: I also listen to too many soundtracks. Easy listening that shouldn't annoy anyone walking by my desk.

TB
Up there as one of the best bass lines ever!
Okay, I gave it a listen for the first time in at least 20 years and I can't argue with that.

Edit: As far as the OP is concerned, something I'm compelled to recommend because it's probably unlike anything represented or even anything you've heard, is Béla Fleck & the Flecktones--either or both of the first two albums in particular.

Last edited:
TB
You need some Blues, Funk and Classic Rock in there!

Stevie Ray Vaughn
Eric Clapton
Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Parliament
Wild Cherry
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Queen
CCR
Allman Brothers Band

Off the top of my head. :)

Edit: I also listen to too many soundtracks. Easy listening that shouldn't annoy anyone walking by my desk.

Oof. You've missed my tastes completely. I can tell you right now I'm not a fan of any of that :lol:

Okay, I gave it a listen for the first time in at least 20 years and I can't argue with that.

Edit: As far as the OP is concerned, something I'm compelled to recommend because it's probably unlike anything represented or even anything you've heard, is Béla Fleck & the Flecktones--either or both of the first two albums in particular.

That's definitely... different:lol:

Last edited:
TB
But... but:
But but
I prefer lesser known artists but accept recommendations for all.

There's nothing wrong with your recommendation. It's all good artists, but for a majority of those artists, I have heard those songs a billion times. I'll surely look into the ones I'm less familiar with.

Look at my OP. I've listed Bon Jovi, but look at the songs I've listed. I've listed newer released music and music not as well known as their mega hits. There's nothing wrong with their mega hits, I listen to them from time to time. But who doesnt know them? We've all heard "You Give Love A Bad Name" like a billion times.

In general I'm looking for newer music. I do appreciate your response though, I was worried this thread wouldn't get any replies lol

For rock music, I'm a pretty big fan of Greta Van Fleet, they're kind of a modern day Led Zeppelin in terms of sound. I'm not sure if they are getting radio play or not, but they were popular in the more indie areas when I was in Michigan. Also, I rather like Pop Evil, but I think they've kind of burst onto the scene in recent years.

I'm not really a hip-ho/R&B fan. If you want traditional R&B in that it's rhythm and blues and not the Beyonce crap that's played now then go listen to Michael Jackson from 70s to the early 90s. Otherwise I have a wide variety of genres to choose from and pretty much all of it is something no one has heard of.

Battles (Math Rock)
Bela Fleck & The Flecktones (Modern Contemporary Jazz, with a banjo)
Brendon Small (the guy behind Metalocalypse music, Galaktikon is a great album)
Dredg (Alt Rock, all concept albums)
Explosions in the Sky (Post Rock, lots of guitars and drums. They did the soundtrack to Friday Night Lights for reference)
Frank ****ing Zappa!!!!
GoGo Penguin (British Jazz trio, very eclectic)
Grateful Dead
Imelda May (Rocka-billy)
Infamous Stringdusters (Bluegrass)
Jamiroquai
John Zorn Bar Kokhba (weirdness)
Josh Rouse (American folk rock)
Murder By Death (Alt Rock, concept albums, Spaghetti Western themes)
Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats (good ol' rock and roll)
Sigur Ros (Post Rock)
Tortoise (weird post rock)

There's so much more but that's just what's on my phone with limited space. I have an external hard drive with 500+ GBs of music from over the years. I used to get interested in a band and would get their entire discography to listen to in order so I could see how they evolved.

For rock music, I'm a pretty big fan of Greta Van Fleet, they're kind of a modern day Led Zeppelin in terms of sound. I'm not sure if they are getting radio play or not
Safari Song is getting plenty of airtime. I'm also kicking myself for not going to see them last year at the fair. :irked:

Been around since the early 90s
:P

Hello everyone. I am always on the hunt for new music, and I was wondering if someone could help recommend me music based off of my tastes? I don't really know how to describe my taste, I like a wide variety of genres and have provided samples below that I believe most accurately describe what I like.

I don't have any of R&B/Hip-Hop Songs so I'd really like recommendations for that, but I'm always willing to hear recommendations on ANY genre. I prefer lesser known artists but accept recommendations for all.

Listen to music/watch videos at your own discretion. Some may contain mature content.

Some of my top artists/songs that I think best reflect my taste include
--
Meg Myers - Desire (Rock)
Meg Myers - Numb (Rock)
Meg Myers - Little Black Death (Rock)

GROVES - Faded Love (Alternative)
GROVES - Urges (Alternative)
GROVES - Ender (Alternative)

Carvel - Fading (Alternative)

Parkway Drive - The Void (Metal)

Royal Hunt - Fistful of Misery (Metal)
Royal Hunt - A Million Ways to Die (Metal)

Bon Jovi - Love Hurts (Demo) (Rock)
Bon Jovi - This House Is Not For Sale (Rock)
Bon Jovi - We Don't Run (Rock)

Jason Aldean - Like You Were Mine (Country)
Jason Aldean - Wheels Rollin' (Country)

Amy Shark - Middle of The Night (Alternative)
Amy Shark - I Said Hi (Alternative)
Amy Shark - Mess Her Up (Alternative)

DREAMERS - Painkiller (Acoustic) (Alternative)
Not knowing every artists/songs you already know... really just going out on a whim here as I listened to an Alt Rock College Station for two years.

Catfish and The Bottlemen - Soundcheck and Cocoon (LANGUAGE WARNING) --- I enjoy many of their songs on both albums they have.

The Heydaze - Hurt Like Hell --- Picks up nicely.

New Beat Fund - Sikka Takin' The Hard Way (LANGUAGE WARNING) --- I don't know how to describe this song. Groovy, alternative and indie.

888 - Older Now

St. Lucia - Dancing On Glass

Back