Looking for people to practice tandem drifting with

United Kingdom
Wales
TheWelshStig_
Want to get good at tandem drifting and enter some competitions when i get better.
Also whats the best track to learn to tandeming? and any tips are welcome :)

Just add me and send me a message saying practice tandeming or something along those lines, PSN - TheWelshStig_

And if this thread aint supposed to be here then, i apologize in advance :)

Tsukuba is easiest track because its not highspeed track, add me on psn " aasikissa " and I will hook you up.

Sorry but I have to disagree when you Tsukuba is an easy track to learn to tandem on. Tsukuba is actually a pretty technical track. Tsukuba has a lot of corners that, individually, are quite easy to drift. But if you're talking about linking the whole track (or even most of the track), Tsukuba can be pretty tricky, especially for someone who is still in the learning stages.

If I were teaching someone to tandem, I would start with the double hairpin section at Road Course Indy. It's slow, flat, and wide. From there, I would move on to the S-Curve at High Speed Ring. Again, flat and wide, a good place to learn higher speed transitions, as well as a good place to learn how to close distance on the lead car mid corner.

Once the student is comfortable with drifting behind another car, and understands the basics of how to time a transition while following, I would move on to a more complex set of corners. My two choices would be either the S-Curves at Suzuka, or the first section of Autumn Ring. Both of these sections can be done in either direction.

Sorry but I have to disagree when you Tsukuba is an easy track to learn to tandem on. Tsukuba is actually a pretty technical track. Tsukuba has a lot of corners that, individually, are quite easy to drift. But if you're talking about linking the whole track (or even most of the track), Tsukuba can be pretty tricky, especially for someone who is still in the learning stages.

If I were teaching someone to tandem, I would start with the double hairpin section at Road Course Indy. It's slow, flat, and wide. From there, I would move on to the S-Curve at High Speed Ring. Again, flat and wide, a good place to learn higher speed transitions, as well as a good place to learn how to close distance on the lead car mid corner.

Once the student is comfortable with drifting behind another car, and understands the basics of how to time a transition while following, I would move on to a more complex set of corners. My two choices would be either the S-Curves at Suzuka, or the first section of Autumn Ring. Both of these sections can be done in either direction.

Agreeing with this. You should take this advice seriously ;)

We might have different opinions but Tsukuba taught me well in couple hours. I didnt have any drifting experience but I practised on Tsukuba and when you remember the corners its pretty easy.

I was on Road Course Indy earlier just normal drifting going back a fourth the hair pins, didnt think at the time but now you mention it they would be good to learn on! thanks for the advice, fancy a practice sometime? add me :)

We might have different opinions but Tsukuba taught me well in couple hours. I didnt have any drifting experience but I practised on Tsukuba and when you remember the corners its pretty easy.

Each to their own I guess :)

I was on Road Course Indy earlier just normal drifting going back a fourth the hair pins, didnt think at the time but now you mention it they would be good to learn on! thanks for the advice, fancy a practice sometime? add me :)

Sure, I'll add you when I get home after work tonight. Do you have a mic? It makes explaining things a million times easier

Twitcher's advice is spot on. The s-curves don't have too much "drama" to them since it's a lot easier to get the timing right for transitions as compared to, say, Tsukuba.

Meh, just a thought.

Edit: I myself have taught my little sister how to drift by letting her have a go at the double hairpins on Indy.

Back