Looking for players from all 4 US time zones to host a lobby- Please Read.

• Thread starter GPGamerBoy
  • 11 comments
United States
United States
iLikeRacing22
Many of us enjoy racing in clean respectful lobbies but committing to a league can be difficult for a multitude of reasons. I am looking to solve this problem by finding hosts that can commit to host for 90 minutes once a week. The lobby would be open for 6 hours which is plenty of time to allow for us to get home from work, take care of family duties AND still have time to get some laps in!! Each time zone would have a designated person (& a back up) to host the lobby for 90 minutes and then pass the hosting duties on to the next person in the next time zone. The lobby would run on the East Coast from 7p-1a, in the Central time zone the lobby would run from 6p-Midnight, in the Mountain time zone this same lobby would run from 5p-11p and on the West Coast the lobby would run from 4p-10p.
This is how this hosting work:
East EST Host host 7-8:30p (local time)
Central CST Host host 7:30-9p (local time)
Mountain MST Host host 8-9:30p (local time)
Pacific PST Host host 8:30-10p (local time)
The next step to making this a reality is to find at least 2 individuals from each time zone that are willing to commit to hosting during those times. Once we have our host and can agree on a day we can begin working out the schedule of tracks and cars and putting in place of rules of conduct for the lobby.
Please let me know if you would be interested in racing in this lobby and if you would like to be considered as a host.
Please share this with anyone that you think would be interested.
Thanks for your time in reading this post and remember to be nice to each other out there.

Would it not make sense to have each time zone open for 4 hour blocks (say 8pm - midnight local time) which effectively would have a race lobby open for 7 hours. You could still rotate the host every 2 hours.

If the concept is to allow people to take care of "home issues" then starting lobbies at 4pm, 5pm, or even 6pm might not be acceptable to some. I am EST and usually do not get online until 9pm at the earliest (sometimes earlier on weekends).

What I see based on a 7pm - 1am lobby:

EST from 7p-1a (in reality 8pm\9pm - midnight EST (unless it is a Friday or Saturday)
CST from 6p-Midnight (in reality 8pm\pm - midnight EST (unless it is a Friday or Saturday)
MST from 5p-11p (in reality 8pm\pm - 11pm EST (unless it is a Friday or Saturday)
WST from 4p-10p (in reality 8pm\pm - 10pm EST (unless it is a Friday or Saturday)

Please do not think I am commenting to cause churn, I am just a little confused on how you are outlining the setup.

I am interested but usually have DRWF on Friday nights (9pm), GT7 and TPC events on Saturday nights.

Please let me know if you move forward with this, I am interested.

Hey Timm thanks for the comment and ‘no shade was taken’ I assume you say what you say in earnest.OK so now that we know neither of us is a tool….haha

I think we mean the same thing. The way I wrote it must have given you a different impression. But yeah I was think a lobby that would stay open and be hosted by Forrest people on a rotation. This way everyone across the time zones would get a chance to hop in and race a few races or plenty of races and get off when they needed to.
So I think we are saying the same thing.
Let me ask you these two ideas and get your thoughts:
A scoring system and multiple lobbies.
Some soft of scoring system that only counted your BEST X number of races over a period - so that drivers that can’t make every race wouldn’t be lose out?
A 2nd or 3rd lobby (once we’ve grown to that many people) b/c again the sim is to have a great place for folks to race and I would expect a lobby of 16 to full pretty fast and if people can’t get in they’ll lose interest.
I’ve some thoughts on both but would like to hear yours.
We should also be friend on PlayStation
My psnID is iLikeRacing22. Share your with me and or friend request me and let’s get on a voice chat - maybe while we take some laps and chew the fat on this.
I’ve gotten some interest from my Reddit post so I’m pretty sure this thing is going to happen soon. I also have two leagues that I race in that have drivers that’ll want to ride too.
Talk soon brother

Last edited:
Hey Timm thanks for the comment and ‘no shade was taken’ I assume you say what you say in earnest.OK so now that we know neither of us is a tool….haha

I think we mean the same thing. The way I wrote it must have given you a different impression. But yeah I was think a lobby that would stay open and be hosted by Forrest people on a rotation. This way everyone across the time zones would get a chance to hop in and race a few races or plenty of races and get off when they needed to.
So I think we are saying the same thing.
That is good, now-a-days it is hard to tell if someone will get offended if you say something they might not like. Even when no ill is meant.
Let me ask you these two ideas and het your thoughts:
A scoring system and multiple lobbies.
Some soft of scoring system that only counted your BEST X number of races over a period - so that drivers that can’t make every race wouldn’t be lose out?
A 2nd or 3rd lobby (once we’ve grown to that many people) b/c again the sim is to have a great place for folks to race and I would expect a lobby of 16 to full pretty fast and if people can’t get in they’ll lose interest.
I’ve some thoughts on both but would like to hear yours.
If there were a schedule and the combined finishes were averaged every race night (at that scheduled race) then the night's races averaged would produce a finishing results? I would have to sit down and figure this out to see if it would actually work. The down side is that the more you race the more your end result could be impacted and for those that only have enough time to run a few races might not come out as good. There would also have to be minimum race count to qualify to avoid one and done finishes. I honestly never thought about this concept and will take a few days to come up with an actual intelligent answer for you.

A second or third lobby should be easy, just ensure that each lobby is setup the same. That would lead us back to how to score each race.

Sent request, mine are below.

Last edited:
I got your request and accepted it. We are now friends. Please message me on the PSN app and let's try to get on a voice chat and touch base. Let me know some times that work for you and I'll try to be on then. I have a race tomorrow (Thursday) evening 7p (practice) 8p (race) so I will probably be on around 6:30p

This is a race event/series for GTPlanet members that you plan to post all the information required to participate here on GTPlanet, right?

Yes. Once I can get enough people to commit to hosting, I will make the announcement. The idea is to get enough people committed to hosting so that there could be multiple lobbies running daily.
Would you be interested in helping me do this, either by hosting or spreading the word? I am not very familiar with forums but have the logistics of the lobby worked out. Any help in promoting this would be greatly appreciated. It would be awesome to create something that allowed drivers from around the globe to participate.
I'd love to talk more about this and we could do that in a lobby while on voice chat taking some laps.
my psnID = iLikeRacing22

I got your request and accepted it. We are now friends. Please message me on the PSN app and let's try to get on a voice chat and touch base. Let me know some times that work for you and I'll try to be on then. I have a race tomorrow (Thursday) evening 7p (practice) 8p (race) so I will probably be on around 6:30p
Below is a link to a spreadsheet that shows scheduling options for the lobby. Copy & then paste it into a browser and then add https:// at the front, it'll open up an editable sheet for you.
There are four examples of how the lobby could run. I made a tab in this workbook you called 'Timm' (2nd tab). In that tab you can change both the START time (black cell w/ green text) and the Commitment TIME for the Hosts (black cell w/ white text) - all the other times will automatically adjust. You can and should use these to play around with any timing options you are considering. Again there are 4 of these schedules together so you can quickly visualize & compare the different scheduling formats.
It can be tricky to find a lobby schedule that would work for all 4 US time zones.

For each schedule...
The first column shows how many hosts, how long each host hosts for and the total time the lobby is open.
The second column shows an example of the state the host is in and how long they are hosting for. The states would be actual people's names once we get going.
The 3rd thru 6th columns show when the lobby would be open for each of the four time zones with grey meaning the lobby is hosted by someone outside that time zone:
Pacific - red
Mountain - yellow
Central - green
East Coast - blue

Let me know if you have any questions.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oVyAX5Zub8vp7eBbjem2oZoBN9vPx4xX5KmxLAxZ_Ho/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Many of us enjoy racing in clean respectful lobbies but committing to a league can be difficult for a multitude of reasons. I am looking to solve this problem by finding hosts that can commit to host for 90 minutes once a week. The lobby would be open for 6 hours which is plenty of time to allow for us to get home from work, take care of family duties AND still have time to get some laps in!! Each time zone would have a designated person (& a back up) to host the lobby for 90 minutes and then pass the hosting duties on to the next person in the next time zone. The lobby would run on the East Coast from 7p-1a, in the Central time zone the lobby would run from 6p-Midnight, in the Mountain time zone this same lobby would run from 5p-11p and on the West Coast the lobby would run from 4p-10p.
This is how this hosting work:
East EST Host host 7-8:30p (local time)
Central CST Host host 7:30-9p (local time)
Mountain MST Host host 8-9:30p (local time)
Pacific PST Host host 8:30-10p (local time)
The next step to making this a reality is to find at least 2 individuals from each time zone that are willing to commit to hosting during those times. Once we have our host and can agree on a day we can begin working out the schedule of tracks and cars and putting in place of rules of conduct for the lobby.
Please let me know if you would be interested in racing in this lobby and if you would like to be considered as a host.
Please share this with anyone that you think would be interested.
Thanks for your time in reading this post and remember to be nice to each other out there.
I am open to this league. Do you race anything and everything? I’m in the central time zone and don’t normally get on till like 9-9:30 before bed

Hey Bourbonman, I tried to get this concept off the ground but wasn’t able to generate enough interest from enough people in all the time zones.
I have however been keeping a list of all the guys that reached out and expressed interest. If you’re OK with it I’ll add you to the list and then once we have enough people we can get this thing to happen.

Hey Bourbonman, I tried to get this concept off the ground but wasn’t able to generate enough interest from enough people in all the time zones.
I have however been keeping a list of all the guys that reached out and expressed interest. If you’re OK with it I’ll add you to the list and then once we have enough people we can get this thing to happen.
Yeah it seems nobody really wants to. I’m in a league now but they’re all in every time zone but mine ( from California to Eastern Canada) and the events are just to early. I like to help my wife cook and clean up and then not on till later

I get it. We actually just picked up about 6 more drivers, mostly Canadiens from the East (i think). So they are all in that same EST time zone. We also have a driver or 2 from the UK that want to run with us so in an effort to try to work with them we have added two more racing events to our regular schedule (Tue & Sat 3p EST) that would be 8p for them.
Lets's try this:
Let me know what day & time would work best for you. We will put it out there and see if we can get some drivers that want to race at that time. I'll spread the word throughout my two leagues and on here and Reddit as well.
What we would do is run the same race schedule (cars & tracks) as our other series but just add lobbies at those new days & times.
The sooner you get me the day & time the faster we can get it running.

Back