Looking for Racing seat with room for shoulders

• Thread starter grog
  • 1 comments
United States
Humboldt / CA
GT-R_HumboldtEF
My current seat is a factory Recaro seat (seen here) with lots of bolstering on the seat back all the way up to the shoulders. This bolstering at the shoulders bothers me as it digs into my shoulder blades as I race. Its a great seat for driving but not as great for sim racing.

So what I'm in search of is a sporty seat with little to no bolstering up top at shoulder height and one that can recline as well. If I can I'd like to avoid the plain truck style seat, though they fit the bill for the shape very well, they just look plain and not sporty.

After going through every link in the wheel/sim rig database thread and looking at all the seats I could find I've only found a couple that seem like they might fit the bill.

OMP design 2

DXRacer Seat

These both have bolstering up high, but they seem wide enough to give shoulders some space up top.

So has anyone had experience with these seats above or a similar type seat (with room for shoulders)?

Well I dont know if anyone else will find this useful, but I did end up going for the OMP design 2 seat and it has plenty of room for my shoulders, it is a bit tight at the legs though.

Back