Looking for some help building a grid!

Canada
London, ON
A_Mindful_Place
Hi everyone,
I've been enjoying the custom races option quite a bit and am looking to build a 1995-1999 le mans style grid. I am looking for the cars in-game that might make up this grid and am searching online for their real life specs to match them as much as possible. Here are the cars I have so far (any extras are welcome suggestions!)

911 Carrera RS CS (993) '95
Viper GTS '02 (1999 livery) - have found the real stats!
Supra RZ '97 (1995 livery)
F40 '92 (1995 livery)
CLK-LM '98
McLaren F1 GTR - BMW '95
911 GT1 Strassenversion '97

Any help finding the rest of the real stats would be a big help (or suggestions on how to narrow down my search). Also, any other car suggestions that make sense for this era would be great!

Thank you!

I run a very similar grid, for the Le Mans 1995/1996 cars I run:
2x Ferrari F40
1x RUF CTR3 as a 993 911 GT1
JGTC 97 Supra as Supra LM with High RPM Turbo
2x McLaren F1 GTR Shorttail
1x JGTC R34 in a R33 LM Livery though I will sometimes swap this with a R33 GTR in a R33 LM Livery depending on the track.

For 1997-1999 GT1/GT2 Cars I run:
Toyota TS030 on Racing Hards and slightly detuned power in a GT-ONE Livery
CLK-LM with one in a CLK-GTR Livery
1997 BMW McLaren F1 GTR but I will soon buy a 4th one as I gave one Racing Hards and thus it lags behind in custom races.
Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion as 911 GT1 Evo, for some reason we cannot add full weight reduction, I feel like if we could it could compete with the Gr.2 cars as the F40 is very good in LM spec when it isn't spinning out randomly.
RUF CTR3 as 993 Spec GT1
McLaren F1 GTR Shorttail
Pagani Zonda R in Nissan R390 Livery

GT2:
Porsche 993 CS as GT2 Evo
Porsche 993 RS CS as GT2 Evo
Dodge Viper GTS/R
Corvette C4 as Callaway GT2

Hi everyone,
I've been enjoying the custom races option quite a bit and am looking to build a 1995-1999 le mans style grid. I am looking for the cars in-game that might make up this grid and am searching online for their real life specs to match them as much as possible. Here are the cars I have so far (any extras are welcome suggestions!)

911 Carrera RS CS (993) '95
Viper GTS '02 (1999 livery) - have found the real stats!
Supra RZ '97 (1995 livery)
F40 '92 (1995 livery)
CLK-LM '98
McLaren F1 GTR - BMW '95
911 GT1 Strassenversion '97

Any help finding the rest of the real stats would be a big help (or suggestions on how to narrow down my search). Also, any other car suggestions that make sense for this era would be great!

Thank you!
In my web browser, I just type in the name of the race car version and search for specs that way. For some quick specs, Supercars.net can get you around about the specs you need for certain cars.

Many Porsches, you can just search the Porsche website for specs. I got these from the Porsche Cup Australia site.

Last edited:
In my web browser, I just type in the name of the race car version and search for specs that way. For some quick specs, Supercars.net can get you around about the specs you need for certain cars.

Many Porsches, you can just search the Porsche website for specs. I got these from the Porsche Cup Australia site.
Thank you for those! Yes, supercars.net has been pretty useful! It's really fun setting up cars to their real-life specs. It's funny though, the GT2 Carreras are faster than some of the GT1s! The classes back them definitely seemed more spread than they are now.

Thank you for those! Yes, supercars.net has been pretty useful! It's really fun setting up cars to their real-life specs. It's funny though, the GT2 Carreras are faster than some of the GT1s! The classes back them definitely seemed more spread than they are now.
Think this is due to the GT1s not having weight reduction and therefore handling much worse than the Gr.2 cars as otherwise the real 1997 GT1 Evo was basically the same as the Strassenversion just lighter with very similar bodywork some races. To get around this I just maxed my GT1 out as far as power as otherwise it would be passed by most of the GT2 cars as it's around 2600lbs and the Gr.2 GT1 cars are around 2072lbs nearly 600lbs lighter.

Latest Posts

Back