Looking for two Z4 teammates (Daytona 24, 31st-1st)

Christian_C

Premium
United Kingdom
Stoke, UK
GTP_Christian_C
Hi guys,

Myself and @Clark will be running in the 'official' 24 on the 31st and are looking for two other people to drive with us.

We're going to be using the Z4 since it's the car we're both most comfortable with and the one we've been working on a setup for.

We're both from the UK so ideally drivers from the US would work better for the night stints but we're willing to drive night stints too so that doesn't mean we only want US drivers.

Ideally, we're looking at running 2 hour stints with the possibility of double stinting to 4 hours if we need to.

In practice with a full tank of fuel we're running laptimes of 1:46.0-1:47.0 on average so we'd like to run with people who can match that pace or be close to it. Remember that is with a full tank (115L) so make sure you're not running 65L or so when checking times.

The highest priority though is to be consistent and finish the race, we would much rather run slower than force the pace and crash. Looking at how many people have crashed out of the Roar race I think this is the best choice.

It is our intention that we will be using PS4 for chat during the race so having a PS4 and mic might help with coordination of swaps, etc. (although this is subject to change if i get a pc mic in time)

Anyway, if you're interested either post here or PM me, you can also find me on iracing - Christian Challiner if you want to look up my stats, etc.

Note that we can probably use in game Iracing voice chat when needed.

Yep we are :D You'll probably be faster than myself and @Clark if you've been running in the GT3 series a while but as long as you're ok with that we're definitely interested in driving with you!

Yep we are :D You'll probably be faster than myself and @Clark if you've been running in the GT3 series a while but as long as you're ok with that we're definitely interested in driving with you!

OK! Sounds good. If you don't mind, do you think I could wait until the end of the weekend to confirm? I'd really like to wait and see if a HPD team is out there because that car is #1 on my list of wanting to race.

Yeah that's fine with me I can understand that, Just let us know if you find one so we have time to find another person :).

Yeah that's fine with me I can understand that, Just let us know if you find one so we have time to find another person :).

Thank you. In the meantime, it might be a good idea to find another driver to add a 4th/3rd just in case. Like I said, I "should" be open to race the race but, sometimes I receive a call last minute and have to fly overseas to go for a test or race. Unfortunately not much I can do on that side of things.

No worries on the work front, real racing is more important :)

This is just a repeat of my post over on iracing, you'll find the setup over there - http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/0/3295022.page#8682006

Hi guys, here is the setup, sorry to anyone we've not replied to as of yet, we've become a bit overrun with people asking to join us which is fantastic of course but has resulted in us losing track a bit!

I'll speak to Clark tomorrow and I promise we'll get back to you all with what's happening, I'll say now though I'm very sorry to anyone who doesn't appear on the final list and despite the ability to run with 16 people we would prefer to keep the driver list a reasonable length in order to get some good seat time and for it to feel like a proper endurance run.

Thanks,
Christian

Ok guys so the list of drivers will be:

Myself
@Clark
@Kamuifanboy
Michael Machado2
Jonathan Pierson

I've sent everyone friend requests on iRacing so hopefully we can sort some time where we can practice together and decide stint times :) Again, sorry to anyone not on the list.

Back