Looking for video editing help

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 3 comments

Laughss

Premium
United States
San Diego, Ca.
Laughss
I will try to keep this short as possible. I am trying to venture into the world of YouTube and content creation. I just bought a new computer setup to video edit 1080p 60fps videos. I am using a Elgato HD60 Pro which is my capture card and I am currently playing on a Playstation 4 Pro. When I record my footage using the Elgato Capture software, even at 1080p 60fps 50mbps second. The capture footage looks really grainy. I am looking into OBS as a second resource to capture footage and edit. Has anyone experienced this and if so what is the work around because other Youtubers are some pretty clean footage at 1080p and I don't want to upload bad quality footage. Thanks in advance.

50mbps is overkill, you can still get good results with 15mbps or even 20mbps, bluray movies are not even encoded at 50mbps.
Do you have a clip of the footage you can upload?

Try using AVI demux and clip between keyframes(I frames).
And it should just export as a tiny section which you can upload.

Also what other settings do you have set.
We need them all.

Keyframe Interval
Level
Encoding Method.
TV Standard
Color Space.

Last edited:
Did you get anywhere with this?
I'm looking into methods of capturing 1080 footage from PS4 rather than the Share function's 720- I don't have a great pc (so not sure a capture card would perform too well) and I'm looking into the possibility of sourcing an Elgato.

Has anyone any advice?
It would be greatly appreciated :)

Back