looking to buy a wheel and seat

Australia
Australia
hi all I'm looking at buying a Logitech G29 and a seat for GT sport. I have been searching around. I found a site that has a playseat in stock with a G29. I'm new to getting into the whole simulator thing but I was wondering if Playseat are any good? I just want a chair that I can pull out and fold away when I want to play other games. It would also be good for suggestions as well. Thanks

I have a Playseat (since 2009), & they do look good. They also come pre-drilled for mounting the Logitech G Series wheels (so G29 bolts straight on).

However, thay have an annoying metal pole between your legs, & they don't fold away that much either.

I still love mine, but feel that there are probably better solutions out there nowadays.

:)

The Playseat Challenge folds away and does not have any pole between your legs, which are the main reasons I why purchased it. 6 months in with heavy use and it's been great. The fact that it folds up is great for a small space like an apartment.

VBR
I have a Playseat (since 2009), & they do look good. They also come pre-drilled for mounting the Logitech G Series wheels (so G29 bolts straight on).

However, thay have an annoying metal pole between your legs, & they don't fold away that much either.

I still love mine, but feel that there are probably better solutions out there nowadays.

:)

I don't know why everyone puts so much take into a pole between their legs. I have never once had any issues with it and I wear 36" inseam pants/jeans for my 6'4" frame. I actually prefer it because its a more stable base for the wheel. When driving I never know it's even there.

Jerome

I don't know why everyone puts so much take into a pole between their legs. I have never once had any issues with it and I wear 36" inseam pants/jeans for my 6'4" frame. I actually prefer it because its a more stable base for the wheel. When driving I never know it's even there.

Jerome
I hated it because the brake was behind the pole. Hurts my feet so bad i had to stop after 30 min or so. That being said i had the old Evolution so no adjustable pedal plate. Had a very uncomfortable angle.

Jerome

I used to have a Wheel Stand Pro and the pole between my legs drove me nuts. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. For me it really bothered me when switching from heel+toe stance to left-foot braking and back.

I have a playseat evolution and the pole was annoying between my legs but I simply moved the pedals to the right slightly. No more pole in the way. My legs are at a slight angle but it's not crazy or uncomfortable for me.

Last I saw, amazon (USA) had the g29 for $265. Might be cheaper to buy it separately than purchasing a bundle from playseat.

I sold my Playseat Evo, and bought a Raceroom Seat, for me it was a big improvement, no pole, more stabil, Keyboard and Monitor bracket. It was only 280€, so i am very happy with it.
But you can open the Logitech Pedals and change Break and Clutch Pedals, it is not difficult, so the pole is no problem.

Thanks for all the replies. I guess for now I might stick with using my little desk that I built and just buy a G29 a bit later on. I'm in no rush as GT sport doesn't come out for a while but I'm looking to get competitive so trying to get a good set up instead of using my pad all the time. I only have a wheel for PS3 at the moment. Not sold on the play seats yet. Is there any other brand which would be good?

Thanks for all the replies. I guess for now I might stick with using my little desk that I built and just buy a G29 a bit later on. I'm in no rush as GT sport doesn't come out for a while but I'm looking to get competitive so trying to get a good set up instead of using my pad all the time. I only have a wheel for PS3 at the moment. Not sold on the play seats yet. Is there any other brand which would be good?

If budget is of concern I started with the GT Omega wheel stand and as my usage grew I at a later time added the APIGA rear subframe with seat box and attached a 1991 Honda Integra seat I had laying around from my old autocross days. The stand is pretty rigid with minimal movement while playing and once attached to the rear subframe to make it a complete cockpit has helped to reduce it even more. Once I was at the correct seating height with the seatbox the stand conveniently slid under a cheap tv stand I already had to serve as a monitor/tv mount. The GT Omega wheel stand was around $150 USD and the APIGA rear subframe/seat box was $67 USD.

Attachments

• current setup.jpg
    current setup.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 43
The gt omega stand is great. No middle pole and no movement, folds up ,Pre drilled holes as well. Don't get the seat though, its very uncomfortable, iam on the lookout for an actual racing car seat to replace it with.

Back