Looking to get the gear so I can do I racing

• Thread starter iceman25
  • 17 comments
United Kingdom
Derby
Dj-iceman25
Hi all I've got gt6 at the moment and km getting cheesed of with the online as its rubbish and I've been talking to guys who say I racing is the best racing sim out there so I was just wondering if someone could give me some info on what I need to get etc tower, graphics card and all that as I don't no what I need to start up many thanks

Good pedals are key. Felt so much better after I stopped using my DFGT pedals and got a set of G25 pedals off of ebay.

Iv got a dfgt wheel but not liking the pedals so much I don't think my graphics will run iracing on my laptop it's a mobile intel graphics media accelerator x3100 and I'm still deciding whether to leave gt6 what do you guys think

Iv got a dfgt wheel but not liking the pedals so much I don't think my graphics will run iracing on my laptop it's a mobile intel graphics media accelerator x3100 and I'm still deciding whether to leave gt6 what do you guys think

I went from gt5 online to iracing.
Never played gt5 again. If you are into racing other people not ai, Iracing is the BEST...
Dfgt works really well, just mod the brake pedal.
Google dfgt brake pedal mod.

I started on a crappy pc, 1 year later new pc an triple screen.

Just give it a try, if you like racing with other people....nothing compares to Iracing

Last edited:
I have Intel HD Graphics 4000 and thats like the bare minimum to get a decent framerate, i tend to get a steady 60fps though but if you are in doubt as to whether your graphics card can take it or not then dont buy it yet. While a DFGT isnt terrible i would recommend upgrading if you plan to stay on iRacing for awhile.

I have an older desktop pc that will run iracing just fine low to medium settings at 60fps constant. Id be willing to sell it to you since ive upgraded. Its an older dell xps model. It was top of the line in its hey day. 100.00 plus whatever it cost to ship it. If your interested ill fill in on complete specs. Just putting it out there as its just taking up space.

When I built my PC. I watched newegg for deals. Basically I was able to buy motherboard and get 8g ram for free.... Graphics card had rebate and free games. .. .

It took me nearly a month to get the parts all ordered. Doing so smartly saved me several hundred.

Something to consider.

Agree with the others that iRacing is very good. My system spec at the moment is;

ASUS ROG 8480
i5 3570K
8GB RAM
ASUS GTX 650

Runs triple screens reasonable well 40-45 fps with high graphics settings most of the time with no issues.

I would go down the route of buy the best you can rather than skimp now only to replace later.

Like we all know this is an expensive hobby so save time and expense, look for deals and build your own pc.

Happy racing!

I would have had it of you Jersey but the shipping fee would be very high to ship over

You can get cheap ex-office machines if ou shop around, failing that, and you are interested, I have a spare machine that just needs a HDD for £50.

Agree with the others that iRacing is very good. My system spec at the moment is;

ASUS ROG 8480
i5 3570K
8GB RAM
ASUS GTX 650

Runs triple screens reasonable well 40-45 fps with high graphics settings most of the time with no issues.

I would go down the route of buy the best you can rather than skimp now only to replace later.

Like we all know this is an expensive hobby so save time and expense, look for deals and build your own pc.

Happy racing!

Do you mind if I ask how you got triple screens working with a 650? I don't really think my 660Ti can even have 3 screens plugged in, let alone handle 30+ fps.

To the OP. It's worth a try. For $12 dollars to try a month, you don't really have anything to lose. As far as the wheel and pedals go. I think you're fine using a DFGT wheel but, I'd suggest getting a pair of Clubsport Pedals. The pedals make so much of a difference. I gained something like 1 second in pace just off of the pedals.

I have 2x dvi and 1x hdmi running from the card at 5760x1080. You can see pics of the screens working here www.kbaluminiumprofile.co.uk under racing frames. I turned down the aa and a few other details and was running 60 fps last night. simply used the nvidia control panel to set it up. Even runs bf4 albeit on lower settings.

I will be upgrading g to a 770 soon ready for better quality settings and future games.

Hi guys managed to get a refurb machine that does the job for now and it better graphics than gt6 but I'm Defo looking into getting some club sport pedals thou the dfgt ones are rubbish lol

Got a ASUS GTX 650 that I want rid of to make way for the 770 if your interested, about 5 months old. Pics available if you want to start adding to the new machine.

A friend of mine wants to upgrade his pc, he has a amd 760k cpu i believe, and wants to get a r7 260x 2gb gpu, i told him to get a r9 270x but he doesnt want to spend the money, he got 8gb of ram but im not sure if its 1600 or what...anyway he says that all his stuff is compatable , and the only game he wants to play is iracing. He said he would rather spend the money he saves on his video card to buy cars and tracks. he also will only be using 1 monitor, im saving my money to build the best pc i can for under 1000 , but hes kinda broke. So, will he be able to play iracing with the graphics turned up, or will he have to turn them down?

Back