Looking to start some online racing

• Thread starter JLG_GT
  • 19 comments
United States
United States
Hi everyone. Trying a new avenue in GT6 and was attempting to do some online racing. Everytine I go in the public lobbies its rooms I have 0 intrest in and the one room thats interesting I get booted or they never start a race.

So I was checking this area of the forum, thinking its the right place.

Basically looking for some casual races maybe 5-10 laps not sure what is standard. I can usually be on from 9pm EST til whenever.

I prefer 450-650pp cars tuned and/or stock. I use no aids except abs 1. I will also use driving line and auto transmission in certain occassions. Anyone "steer" me in the right direction?

Hi JLG, Sounds like you have similar interests as us in our group and may be interested in jumping into some races. We race every Thursday starting at 8 EST but people jump in and out as they like. I'm trying to round up some fun decent people that want to race casually but cleanly. I generally leave the aids as an option as some people use them and others don't. It's all about having fun. if you're interested, send me a friend request.

Hi JLG, Sounds like you have similar interests as us in our group and may be interested in jumping into some races. We race every Thursday starting at 8 EST but people jump in and out as they like. I'm trying to round up some fun decent people that want to race casually but cleanly. I generally leave the aids as an option as some people use them and others don't. It's all about having fun. if you're interested, send me a friend request.
Sounds great! I will be clean and I am not the greatest. I let everyone know if they have any brake lights out most likely!

Whats your PSN? I will send a FR tonight.

Great. My PSN is tarkus1 and trading some paint isn't something to worry about. We just don't want people intentionally ramming into other racers. But now I might see if I can find a special tuning shop to have additional brake lights put on my cars if you don't mind. Although something tells me that's not an option in GT6. Oh well, maybe a DLC?

Great. My PSN is tarkus1 and trading some paint isn't something to worry about. We just don't want people intentionally ramming into other racers. But now I might see if I can find a special tuning shop to have additional brake lights put on my cars if you don't mind. Although something tells me that's not an option in GT6. Oh well, maybe a DLC?

No Im looking to have fun, thanks. What kinda races do you typically run?

We keep it open a good bit but most races tend to be about 3-5 laps depending on the track and we'll just see what everyone thinks for a pp limit and which track. the first race may be 5 laps of Suzuka with a 550PP limit then the next is 3 laps of Spa with a 600 limit. Just depends on what people are in the mood for. we try and stay flexible but that should give you a rough idea. we're not really opposed to too much. I wouldn't mind doing some longer races at times but i think you need a decent group for that. it's not the greatest with 3 people. Anyway, come on out and give it a try. there's no commitment at all. if it's not your thing and you're not having fun you can always bail. If we're not having fun really then what's the point.

That sounds like fun to me. I would like to send a FR if that's ok with you. My work schedule is pretty random but I could join in on a lot of thursday's

Go ahead and send it to tarkus1 and hopefully we'll catch you this Thursday. Looking forward to having a larger group with all similar interests. Should be fun.

@tarkus1
Do you do rolling starts?

We should make this thread or your thread a place where people can jump in. Meaning make the thread a "series" or "club" that people can try it out, like you said.

And maybe feature one race every thursday i.e. 500pp at Nordschleiffe 3 laps. Then we can go about voting/deciding a PP, track, car, etc...for other races.

Then you can advertise the one race each thursday which can have a set time maybe 9:30pm. That way it may draw someone who may have not wanted to participate. Just an idea.

Bill, please go ahead and send the FR. I look forward to having a decent group or racers with similar interests.

JLG, we haven't done rolling starts but that doesn't mean I'm against it. Come on out and race a few times and you'll see we're pretty much up for whatever the group wants. As far as the club goes, that sounds like a great idea. we can talk more Thursday.

Bill, please go ahead and send the FR. I look forward to having a decent group or racers with similar interests.

JLG, we haven't done rolling starts but that doesn't mean I'm against it. Come on out and race a few times and you'll see we're pretty much up for whatever the group wants. As far as the club goes, that sounds like a great idea. we can talk more Thursday.

Actually id rather no rolling starts unless its a longer race.

Anyone want to race tonight? I will be on around 8:30 EST.

Im thinking 450pp-650pp (or higher).

Different tracks. Different race types w/ tire restrictions.

(Example)
550pp / Grand Valley / Sport Softs Streetcars

And then winner chooses after. Anyone up for that?

Hey what's going on jlg .seen u last night in tarkus1 room. Just curious why sport soft tire? I love grip !! Soft racing tires.lol. jk. I prob c u tonight I'm starting room a Lil later than u so I'll Cruise by,later on

Im up for anything even the same as last night. Im used to running certain tires on certain cars.

Everyone using racing tires tho I couldnt keep up. Then none of my cars where tuned for racing tires!

I had a blast! Now I know kinda got the feel for what everyone runs.

I usually run sports on streetcars up to 650pp or so and then run racing tires for race cars. No worries Im good, where you there when I had to run the honda Element cause all my sub 400pp cars where in the stockyard! Classic on racing tires, was like a moving roadblock for the first 5 seconds! :dunce:

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the great races Thursday evening. I had a blast and noticed the entire night was run clean. Couldn't have asked for a better group and I really hope you all show up again next week!

JLG - You should be proud. You came to a gunfight with a knife and still managed to walk away. That Honda Element actually held its own. Taking 6th out of 8 at the time with an Element against some modded race cars? Hang your head high my friend.

Just so everyone knows, Yes the element handles the same way as in real life.

Edit:
I will just respond in your thread no sense in having two, I dont think i can delete this one.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Trying a new avenue in GT6 and was attempting to do some online racing. Everytine I go in the public lobbies its rooms I have 0 intrest in and the one room thats interesting I get booted or they never start a race.

So I was checking this area of the forum, thinking its the right place.

Basically looking for some casual races maybe 5-10 laps not sure what is standard. I can usually be on from 9pm EST til whenever.

I prefer 450-650pp cars tuned and/or stock. I use no aids except abs 1. I will also use driving line and auto transmission in certain occassions. Anyone "steer" me in the right direction?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/multi-class-racing-open-lobby.296517/ something like this you are looking for?

Back