Loose Internal Metal Bracket Logitech G29

Canada
Canada
Hi everyone,

Hoping for some help on identifying this metal part that has come loose inside my Logitech G29 and where it goes / how to get it back in place.

I've been looking everywhere, but my only luck was finding a question on this forum from a few years ago with no responses. The other post here mentioned they had FFB but no vibration

I'm really hoping it can be put back in place and isn't broken, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Screenshot 2023-04-12 223832.jpg

Hi everyone,

Hoping for some help on identifying this metal part that has come loose inside my Logitech G29 and where it goes / how to get it back in place.

I've been looking everywhere, but my only luck was finding a question on this forum from a few years ago with no responses. The other post here mentioned they had FFB but no vibration

I'm really hoping it can be put back in place and isn't broken, any help would be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 1247375
Could this be it?

2.png

It's from this video, maybe you can see it a bit better than in my picture, and I'm not sure if it's even the right piece :dopey:

Could this be it?

View attachment 1247376

It's from this video, maybe you can see it a bit better than in my picture, and I'm not sure if it's even the right piece :dopey:

That definitely looks like it, thanks so much because I've been watching teardowns and looking at ifixit guides with no luck on finding that part!

I'm going to pop the circuit board out of the way and see if I can get it back in there, fingers crossed :)

Really appreciate it and will follow up when I've got it all back together

That definitely looks like it, thanks so much because I've been watching teardowns and looking at ifixit guides with no luck on finding that part!

I'm going to pop the circuit board out of the way and see if I can get it back in there, fingers crossed :)

Really appreciate it and will follow up when I've got it all back together
Best of luck getting it back together, and happy I could help. :)

Best of luck getting it back together, and happy I could help. :)
Truly appreciate it!!

I got the metal bracket in place with no problems :)

It looks like at the same time the metal bracket fell out, the teeth / gears got misaligned by a couple notches, so the center post was catching on the far end of the plastic track that it slides on, but I believe I've adjusted that and aligned it again properly! It was really concerning to feel something rubbing/catching but that seems to be totally solved now.

Ironically I got myself into this mess by trying to remove the desk clamps as I got a new rig and the knee clearance wasn't great, but the makeshift front mounting holes others used don't line up with my wheel deck :lol: so now I either drill into the new rig or disassemble again to put those clamps back in and try fine tuning all the positioning haha. TBD but the wheel is back up and running :D

Back