Loosing collector level points when selling cars

South Africa
Cullinan, Gauteng
wikus_mazal
Hi all , I have searched but I can not get a straight forward answer.
My question is do you loose collector level points when selling cars ? And can you go down in collector level when selling too many cars ?
Or does your collector level stay as it currently is when selling cars ?

Thank you

No you don't.

But never sell cars, unless they are doubles. You never know which future extra café menu will ask you to have a car you've sold (worst if it is an invite only car), or if you'll need it for a TT or an event.
Never? There are reasons to sell cars.

Which ones ?
You might encounter a rare opportunity to buy a desirable special pick in the legends dealership, and selling cars you don’t appreciate can sometimes make the difference between being able to obtain that special car or miss out on it. There’s always another chance to complete the Extra Menus, which are hardly worth the effort anyway.

Last edited:
I prefer to have more cash than sell any car. You lose between half and 2/3 of its buying value, and next time you want to buy it, it may cost much more.

Which ones ?
I've had to sell one of my cars because I over-modified it and could not get it back to proper racing condition, the Gr.4 Silvia comes to mind, if you get the engine swap you cannot use it in Gr.4 races nor can you buy a standard replacement engine to bring it back to gr.4 spec, had to sell this useless car

I've had to sell one of my cars because I over-modified it and could not get it back to proper racing condition, the Gr.4 Silvia comes to mind, if you get the engine swap you cannot use it in Gr.4 races nor can you buy a standard replacement engine to bring it back to gr.4 spec, had to sell this useless car
In such scenario, I'd buy another Gr.4 Silvia. You've must had a huge loss on this one.

You might encounter a rare opportunity to buy a desirable special pick in the legends dealership, and selling cars you don’t appreciate can sometimes make the difference between being able to obtain that special car or miss out on it. There’s always another chance to complete the Extra Menus, which are hardly worth the effort anyway.
Race Tokyo a couple times and you can buy that special pick car. No real need to sell cars unless it’s a double that you don’t need or you have exceeded the garage maximum.

Race Tokyo a couple times and you can buy that special pick car. No real need to sell cars unless it’s a double that you don’t need or you have exceeded the garage maximum.
I think the need to sell cars depends on how you perceive things. It’s a useful feature many players wanted before we got it.

That's fake FOMO though... you won't miss out.
You can miss out if you care about collecting cars with original paintwork (yes, there’s a difference). Some have been once in two years opportunities.

Last edited:
Back