Lose full throttle with Logitech DFP

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jeff_DML
  • 6 comments
  • 2,135 views
Messages
8
Searched but could not find any hits, I lose the ability to do full throttle on my Logitech Driving Force Pro, anybody else seen this? If I pull the USB and put it back in, full throttle comes back. Assume my wheel is dying but thought I would ask.

TIA
Jeff
 
Hi Jeff,

I also have a trusty dfp, currently suffering lots of abuse with GT5. While I'm no expert, the problem may be with the potentiometer on the pedal. I had a problem with my brake pedal a while back in the GT5P days, where it would ever so slightly engage the brake. Didn't slow me down too much, but caused all sorts of chaos online with a few people thinking I had been brake checking them! :lol:

But I managed to cure that by taking the base of the pedal unit off, cleaning the dust out, and spraying a little WD:40 over the potentiometers, and the problem hasn't reared it's ugly head since :)
 
I sometimes lose full throttle with my DFGT. It will be around 95% when the pedal is pushed all the way down. I just tap the pedal a couple of times and it comes back.

Not nearly as annoying as the random false ps button pushes. Maybe once a week or so I'll be in a race and just get dumped into the playstation menu. Almost killed my gold championship when I was doing the GT Allstars.
 
As Crispy74 mentioned, it could be your accelerator's potentiometer.

There are numerous videos on YouTube, and a few threads in Steering Wheels & Racing Cockpits section of these forums with photos, on how to disassemble your pedals' base and adjust the brake's potentiometer -- just apply these techniques to the accelerator.

Also, in case you didn't know, you may need to calibrate your pedals after plugging your wheel in. Do this by pushing down all the way on your brake and accelerator pedals.

Good luck!

👍
 
I have a similar problem with my G25 accelerator pedal. After about 3 years or something like that of abuse I do not complain at all, but when I fully press the pedal it either starts to acelerate and decelerate a bit, like a twitch, bit when i press it almost all the way down but not completely, it accelerates completely. I got a feeling that some sensor broke and that I need a new set of pedals. You people know how I could get pedals by themselves?
 
When I was using the DFP(now G25 owner), near the end I was basically disassembling the pedal every 3 weeks, just clean it out, put it back together and it'll work fine for another 3 weeks. A bit annoying, but its not the worse thing in the world....

Right now my acclerator pedal of G25 has a occasional issue of not going completely "off", I'd sometime get ~10% throttle even with my foot off it....
 
Back