Losing my cheeseballs over x2014 junior

• Thread starter OldCheese
  • 17 comments
Switzerland
SO
mischat7576
Not sure if this is the correct Forum, but searching for red bull junior championship only yielded 1 Result: a tune

Im having a hard time placing first in those races. From my observations, I probably brake to often. Are players supposed to just step off the gas when entering corners with less than ca. 75 degrees? What are some other things I could be missing? Using Slipstream? Do i need to divebomb in corners?

I've got DS3 as Controller, SFR, Traction 1, Abs 1 on. No active steering. Controller sensitivity is set to 7. Got otherwise nearly everything in career done, safe carts shifter and cheesecar. Super series completed too, since yesterday...

But this RedBull stuff...guess its because i like Trojka Energy Drinks more.:grumpy:

Any hints appreciated.

First of all, whack on the Racing Soft tyres before the first event. Secondly, try it without traction control and turn down your controller sensitivity a bit. Remember that these cars have a lot of downforce so you will be amazed at the sort of corner entry speeds that you can achieve with it.

The X1 Junior only has 250 BHP so you don't need traction control on. The Standard championship I use TC at 1 as there is more than 750 BHP and can really ruin your race if you go off course.
Also, don't turn the car vigorously. Smooth turning of the wheel is a must here, otherwise you'll hit the wall or spin out, depending on the course.
Always use RS tires though. Always.

Thanks a lot for all your hints. It helps knowing the course, too...silly me. Just golded Silverstone. Im very Chaumes!

Attachments

• 20141129_114304_02.jpg
    20141129_114304_02.jpg
    629.6 KB · Views: 13
Thanks a lot for all your hints. It helps knowing the course, too...silly me. Just golded Silverstone. Im very Chaumes!

Congratulations on that

All the previous posters advice is excellent - I would just add that for the Red Bull Standard Championship I set the car to automatic, turn down the volume (as the noise is horrible!) and for most tracks switch on the driving line - the car is so fast that my old eyes and hands struggle to keep up!

i can do the karts, RB Jr but cant for the life of me do the RB Slandered races. i can win Silverstone and Nurbergring by cutting corners but the rest of the races...forget it

...........I'd say watch out for the AI in the first few corners...they can easily take you out in Standard Championship. Races are only 3 laps long and places like in Apricot Hill, if you get taken out sometimes you can't catch up.

As others have said, but better tires on, and drive aggressively.

These cars have loads of down force, and can carry tons of speed in corners. Late braking is your friend.

After you get used to these cars, things become a lot easier. I grind both RB events without losing a single race, makes for some good quick cash. Coincidentally, that is what I was doing before replying to this thread. I've made 20 million in just a few hours today.

I guess I'm reviving a dead horse. I had never done these races and since I have already won all the new seasonals I figured I'd try this. Certainly not what I was expecting:crazy:. I've read the tips from above so here I go. If someone sees this and has any more input that would help I'd be deeply grateful.

RS tires. Floor it a lot. Don't run into the back of others.

Thanks Cory :cheers:. These are very sensitive in the steering. I'm using a DS3 with the D-pad. I had to turn the sensitivity on my controller to -1 which has helped a lot. This is just learning the car since I already know the tracks very well. It sure doesn't take but a blink to be going the wrong way :lol:.

Since there are no adjustments on these cars how is it that they can pull away from you like they got a shot of nitro and it seems that drafting isn't helping much either. I have improved since yesterday to 5th overall. I have 1 win and 1 2nd so far. I'm just going to keep at it and eventually I'll get it. Maybe some laps in the X2 will help me with better car control or I should say car trust.

Well it took me 5 days but I finally made it with a bronze. After driving the Junior as much as I did, driving the Standard has taken only small adjustments to my driving style. I'm going to continue on through the Standard Championship and look for other events that I never bothered with.

Back