Loss of custom tracks after data transfer to new PS3

  • Thread starter Thread starter santhur
  • 5 comments
  • 942 views
Messages
25
United States
Oregon
Messages
santhur
I just transferred data from my old 80GB PS3 to the new 500GB using the ethernet cable, following instructions from online manual. At first look everything seemed fine, but when i checked GT5 my profile pics were missing, as well as ALOT of thumbnails for cars (have over 1600). Can fix those fairly easily, my main concern is that NONE of my custom tracks transferred, I even tried saving just GT5 game date to a flash drive, then loading it to new PS3,still no custom tracks. If anyone has had a similar problem transferring data from one PS3 to another or a solution on how to get custom tracks transferred to new PS3 please reply, would like to keep my tracks .Oh...... this is what support said to do, check forums, thanx
 
This is normal, I did the same thing last week (Old fatty bit the bullet) and those things were gone for me too. :ouch:

~Turtle
turtle.gif
​
 
If your old PS3 is still functional (Or old HDD) you can share the tracks one by one, then get somebody else to save each of the tracks as they're shared.

Alternatively if you don't have any friends with the time to do this frankly laborious job, you can use a second account to achieve this, just remember to switch to your new HDD/PS3 as you save them on your main account from the dummy one

I know it's an incredibly round about way but it's the only one as far as I know.. but if it's only 2 or 3 tracks it shouldn't be too bad. I have 15 odd though so for me I wouldn't bother.
 
Hey turtle, that's a shame you too lost your tracks, i have other friends that have experienced the same problem and no answers for them either. I do have one solution, unfortunately it might not benefit you since your 'fatty' is dead. After 4 1/2yrs my 'fatboy' still works great even original controllers, anyway my solution is to have a friend help, i would post track, friend would download, do this until all tracks you want are downloaded by friend, then reverse process,(but using new PS3) friend posts track, i download until completed. Wouldn't be able to edit tracks, but you would still have them.
 
Thanks UrieHusky, that was my solution also. I wish i only had 15 tracks, i've got it down to 76 from 111, I'll thin them out some more, but i have tracks that are used quite alot online, sort of classics. Thanx again for the reply, it does seem to be the only solution at this time.
 
I'm afraid so. I've seen this concern raised often in the forums and every time it's been the only solution =/

I feel really sorry for you having to do this with 76 tracks though... at least you don't have to do it all on your own though :) best of luck to you, put on some relaxing music and prepare a pot of coffee or alternative relaxing drink of your choice ^_^
 
Back