Loss of pictures and replays

• Thread starter FranJS12
  • 13 comments
Spain
Spain
FranJS12
Hi

So last night i booted up GT7 to watch some of my saved replays but to my surprise there were only the three replays I had saved yesterday from a circuit experience and the Corvette online trial.

I couldn't believe it so started checking and my pictures were also all gone, scapes etc.

There's only my uploaded decals that I had there to use on future liveries, my own liveries and of course all the stuff I shared, because I guess it gets stored in the cloud.

I play on PS4, and i suspect it's 1.37 related because my last pics are from two days before the update and up untill now I didn't check my gallery.

How can I get everything back? I've lost a lot of replays and pics all since March 2022. Contacted playstation support but all I got were solutions for missing dlc content..

Edit: I always clear cache before exiting the game, thought I would add that

Last edited:
OP if you didn't backup your stuff to a ps4 external hard drive or usb or the cloud then your videos and pictures are gone.

Why it happened I have no idea.

So its best to always backup your stuff.👍

OP if you didn't backup your stuff to a ps4 external hard drive or usb or the cloud then your videos and pictures are gone.

Why it happened I have no idea.

So its best to always backup your stuff.👍
There's no way to save replays onto an USB on gt7 as far as I know, PS4 at least.

No way to send a bug report to polyphony or anything? Thx

I know it's not the same, but you could always screencap the video of your replay then upload to YouTube. It won't give you any access to manipulate them, but al least you'll still have them!

There's no way to save replays onto an USB on gt7 as far as I know, PS4 at least.

No way to send a bug report to polyphony or anything? Thx
There aren't. You'd need to use a capture card to record them - as LSFDRX said - or "share" within the game. If you shared them you'd be able to go back into your shared items and watch them that way.

Unfortunately, seems too late to do either of those options.

Yes! Same thing happened to me! I had lost a year and a half worth of stuff :scared:
(Mostly Crash replays and crappy scapes) But still, I logged on yesterday and found that anything I created before 9/12/23
was erased! Im not sure if scapes/replays are stored local or what.

Me and my younger sister share the same PS4 and same thing happened to her

All of my Decals, Suits, Helmets And Liveries are intact and so are the publicly shared photos

But I don't know what the hell happened, I'm just gonna blame it on 1.37

This has been happening to me somewhat regularly. I have lost all my Scapes photos (apart from the ones I shared), all my custom race configurations and all my replays.

I'm most annoyed about the replays, because Scapes photos are not difficult to take, and custom race configurations are not difficult to make, but all of those replays are from the rare occasions when I actually drove well (gold in licence tests, missions, circuit experience) and I wanted to make a music video with them.

What I'm most worried about is why it happened. If those things were stored locally, well I have a 2TB SSD in my PS4 and it's only about half full.

Had you recently rebuilt your database on your PS4/PS5? sometimes those files get deleted....
That is interesting.

After Patch 1.39, I started having serious performance problems, even in fairly simple activities like browsing the Showcase for decals. I did 3 things in an attempt to resolve this: I took apart my PS4 to clean out the dust and change the thermal paste, I rebuilt my database, and I uninstalled and reinstalled GT7. I did all of this about a month ago, which does roughly coincide with my first loss of files.

However, I also lost files a couple of nights ago, barely 30 minutes before the server maintenance for the 1.41 update. I was actually playing when it happened, because I was running my Abarth at Daytona, loaded the custom race configuration one time, but when I tried to load a different configuration, the list was suddenly depopulated. After checking my library, I noticed that all of my Scapes photos and replays that I had saved (but not shared) after the original file loss a month or so ago were also gone.

I don't know,

GT7 is getting more buggy on PS4

Maybe its time for a PS5?

I've also had some tunes for certain cars gone too

Last edited:
That is interesting.

After Patch 1.39, I started having serious performance problems, even in fairly simple activities like browsing the Showcase for decals. I did 3 things in an attempt to resolve this: I took apart my PS4 to clean out the dust and change the thermal paste, I rebuilt my database, and I uninstalled and reinstalled GT7. I did all of this about a month ago, which does roughly coincide with my first loss of files.

However, I also lost files a couple of nights ago, barely 30 minutes before the server maintenance for the 1.41 update. I was actually playing when it happened, because I was running my Abarth at Daytona, loaded the custom race configuration one time, but when I tried to load a different configuration, the list was suddenly depopulated. After checking my library, I noticed that all of my Scapes photos and replays that I had saved (but not shared) after the original file loss a month or so ago were also gone.
Yes I also lost files due to maintenance

Things like custom race setups and livery previews are gone too

Anything created after a certain date were still there
I think the files still exist locally, Just not in GT

Shared stuff is saved in the cloud but my decals aren't shared and still exist

Photos may be recoverable but replays are different and may never be seen again :(

I don't know,

GT7 is getting more buggy on PS4

Maybe its time for a PS5?

I've also had some tunes for certain cars gone too
Yeah, it's been getting worse since 1.39. They're focusing on PS5, and rightly so, as it will allow the game to truly flourish.

That said, I'm prioritising getting a PC before a PS5.

Back