Lost all my friends from GT6

• Thread starter hhhaaa
  • 23 comments
United Kingdom
uk
MUGUCAN
Since GT6 was closed down for online racing I Lost all my friends and now I’m hardly doing any online racing on GT Sport, mainly designing cars really, I honestly think there’s no game better than GT6 and never will, sooo disappointed, all the tracks I created and all the good times we had with great drivers and build up a good friendship suddenly all gone, I wish they could put things back to where it was

Lack of empathy has nothing to do with missing good friends and a better game all round, anyone can find friends online this days but the problem is you’ll never find the same game to play with, if you had joined my lobby on GT6 then probably you would understand better!! It’s just not the same anymore, everything about GT sport is wrong, charging us for online play, and also we can’t even balance our cars as there is no weight balance provided, maybe if we all write about this they might consider changes!?

Lack of empathy has nothing to do with missing good friends and a better game all round, anyone can find friends online this days but the problem is you’ll never find the same game to play with, if you had joined my lobby on GT6 then probably you would understand better!! It’s just not the same anymore, everything about GT sport is wrong, charging us for online play, and also we can’t even balance our cars as there is no weight balance provided, maybe if we all write about this they might consider changes!?
That comment wasn't directed towards you, rather at the person who took issue with you expressing your feelings.

I understand where you are coming from, I also had a similar experience with GT5 and 6, racing with the same groups of people for many years. Sadly now most have either moved on or never got a PS4. I miss those times too :(.

But of course new friends can always be found 👍.

:cheers:

That's PD for you; they create in-game sub-communities, then destroy them by dropping major features between series. Happened with Shuffle racing for me...

It happened to the thriving trading community from GT5 also.

Last edited:
What's sad is your lack of empathy :rolleyes:
That I have declined to sympathize is not indicative of a lack of empathy.

I know what it's like to lose friends. People with whom I shared the bond of friendship have moved away from me, just as I've moved away from them. Nearly everyone who attends school experiences this to some degree; at every stage of advancement is the chance to separate from those with whom you've established that bond. As one gets older, the likelihood that one experiences a greater degree of separation from these individuals increases, even to the point that the opportunity to reconnect is lost permanently.

But it's not all sour grapes. Nearly every situation that results in this separation also offers an equal opportunity to develop that kinship with new individuals.

That comment wasn't directed towards you, rather at the person who took issue with you expressing your feelings.

I understand where you are coming from, I also had a similar experience with GT5 and 6, racing with the same groups of people for many years. Sadly now most have either moved on or never got a PS4. I miss those times too :(.

But of course new friends can always be found 👍.

:cheers:

When I started this tread, it wasn’t because I was looking for a sympathy, it was just for sharing feelings as I was sure there are many people out there who feels the same!!
Also I don’t think it’s fair for anyone to make a comment without knowing how it feels unless they had the same experience thou, as long as I remember GT Planet wasn’t made for only people who has questions ONLY, it’s a place to share and have some equal conversations and share ideas!

Last edited by a moderator:
Since GT6 was closed down for online racing I Lost all my friends and now I’m hardly doing any online racing on GT Sport, mainly designing cars really, I honestly think there’s no game better than GT6 and never will, sooo disappointed, all the tracks I created and all the good times we had with great drivers and build up a good friendship suddenly all gone, I wish they could put things back to where it was

I agree, GT6 was a better game because the feeling of wanting to race your chosen car and compete with gamers who felt the same way...

Last edited by a moderator:
So whats the problem then? You can't expect your friends to buy every game you do. Tell them if you want them to play with you.

Here's the rub. I feel the same way. We were all there on the last days of GT6 and it felt like it was a sad sombre end of an era event. I doubt GT Sport will have the same outpouring of emotion.

And your assertion is telling in regards to GT Sport's popularity. You shouldnt have to 'ask' people to buy a game. People should be naturally excited to play the next installment of Gran Turismo.

If people who bought GT5/6 arent interesting in continuing their next part of the Gran Turismo journey, then you've identified the problem.

Its the classic Seymour Skinner meme.... is PD out of touch?

No obviously its the children who are wrong....

That I have declined to sympathize is not indicative of a lack of empathy.

I know what it's like to lose friends. People with whom I shared the bond of friendship have moved away from me, just as I've moved away from them. Nearly everyone who attends school experiences this to some degree; at every stage of advancement is the chance to separate from those with whom you've established that bond. As one gets older, the likelihood that one experiences a greater degree of separation from these individuals increases, even to the point that the opportunity to reconnect is lost permanently.

But it's not all sour grapes. Nearly every situation that results in this separation also offers an equal opportunity to develop that kinship with new individuals.

You're disgusting and your crappy orange text sucks. Hopefully that's not your ugly weird face in your avatar.

You're disgusting and your crappy orange text sucks. Hopefully that's not your ugly weird face in your avatar.
Heh...good stuff.

And it's actually Robert Rauschenberg, noted pop artist, as photographed by Dennis Hopper in 1966. The photo was taken at the wedding of his friend, the sculptor Claes Oldenburg, who had applied the stamp that he's proudly displaying. The stamp reads "wedding souvenir".

a18_lot196_2-max.jpg

I like how Robert Rauschenberg is ugly because I have a depiction of him as my avatar and you didn't like what I had to say, but then your response suggests to me that you didn't bother to read my remarks fully.

What's your problem? He didn't say anything bad.
To be fair...I can see how my first post can appear to skew mean-spirited, and perhaps I ought to have left off the first and last sentences in the main [orange] body. I was just taken aback when I saw the same thread title appear twice in the "new posts" stream on the front forum page, and my inner asshole took over.

The second post of mine, however, was definitely intended to skew positive; relationships fading away is a part of life and it's better to establish new ones than to mourn those that are gone.

To be fair...I can see how my first post can appear to skew mean-spirited, and perhaps I ought to have left off the first and last sentences in the main [orange] body. I was just taken aback when I saw the same thread title appear twice in the "new posts" stream on the front forum page, and my inner asshole took over.

The second post of mine, however, was definitely intended to skew positive; relationships fading away is a part of life and it's better to establish new ones than to mourn those that are gone.
Eh... that's true... but calling people ugly isn't very nice either lol

Here's the rub. I feel the same way. We were all there on the last days of GT6 and it felt like it was a sad sombre end of an era event. I doubt GT Sport will have the same outpouring of emotion.

And your assertion is telling in regards to GT Sport's popularity. You shouldnt have to 'ask' people to buy a game. People should be naturally excited to play the next installment of Gran Turismo.

If people who bought GT5/6 arent interesting in continuing their next part of the Gran Turismo journey, then you've identified the problem.

Its the classic Seymour Skinner meme.... is PD out of touch?

No obviously its the children who are wrong....

GTS has more players than GT6 and sold better so no.
Some people grow out of gaming or no longer have the time to game. Sometimes it has nothing to do with the game.

GTS has more players than GT6 and sold better so no.
Some people grow out of gaming or no longer have the time to game. Sometimes it has nothing to do with the game.
That would've been true if it wasen't for the fact the vast majority don't play online & we knew the amount of people with more than one account.

Latest Posts

Back