Lost Cars, is there a way to get them back?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RossionQ1
  • 12 comments
  • 1,567 views
Messages
8
Messages
PittsburghPens24
So recently the file system on my PS3 got corrupted and the restore file system option didn't work, so I had to wipe the hard drive. All my saves were lost and when i booted up GT5 for the first time, I was expecting to have all the cars I had gotten in giveaways (Red Bull X2010, Stealth GT-R's, etc.). I knew that all my regular cars were gone along with my save file, but I though the online giveaway cars would stay. I also lost the GT Academy Leaf (Not that I really care). Is there a way to get these cars back, or are they gone forever? I'm mostly mad that I lost my 40+ hrs of gameplay and I'm back to level 0 haha.
:ouch::ouch::ouch:
 
The special ones are gone forever. No way to get them back either through trades or glitches or anything. Sorry for your loss, but you could see what you can get from the marketplace, some people are really nice and will send you cars if you're in a situation like this.

Let this be a lesson, keep a copy of your save file on a removable USB drive.
 
This happened to me sometime last year. Thankfully I had a previous back-up file(still had A&B Spec both at 40) so I didn't lose everything, but a month or two of cars/stats/etc. was lost. The Stealth GT500 NSX & Stealh GT500 GTR/Chromelines and Edge Camaro, if you had them, will be in your PSN download list, so you can redownload those from there. The giveaways from PD like the GTA Leaf and X2010 as stated already, are forever gone unfortunately
 
You can get the X2010 back S.Vettel again twice!
 
This happened to me sometime last year. Thankfully I had a previous back-up file(still had A&B Spec both at 40) so I didn't lose everything, but a month or two of cars/stats/etc. was lost. The Stealth GT500 NSX & Stealh GT500 GTR/Chromelines and Edge Camaro, if you had them, will be in your PSN download list, so you can redownload those from there. The giveaways from PD like the GTA Leaf and X2010 as stated already, are forever gone unfortunately

Hey, you said you lost some cars you bought. More than likely some of those were standard cars. After you installed your old save, were you able to buy back those cars in the same order according to the day changes up to the point of your lastest save? Please reply. I too might have my ps3 wiped and i will have use an old save too cuz i forgot to back up my lastes save. :nervous::(
 
I hadn't backed up my old save so I couldn't install it. But, if you were to install your old save, all the cars you had at the time of the save will be there. I.E. all the cars that your have in your garage (premium and standard) are saved into the save file.
hope this helps
 
I hadn't backed up my old save so I couldn't install it. But, if you were to install your old save, all the cars you had at the time of the save will be there. I.E. all the cars that your have in your garage (premium and standard) are saved into the save file.
hope this helps

Ok, so you are saying the cars that would have been bought(cars that i wouldnt have had in my old save) in my latest save would appear in my old save data?
 
Hey, you said you lost some cars you bought. More than likely some of those were standard cars. After you installed your old save, were you able to buy back those cars in the same order according to the day changes up to the point of your lastest save? Please reply. I too might have my ps3 wiped and i will have use an old save too cuz i forgot to back up my lastes save. :nervous::(

From what I remember, the order wasn't the same.
 
From what I remember, the order wasn't the same.

Oh really, that sucks!, but another person on a different forum, said they got back their cars in the exact same order like before. I guess ill have to wait and see for myself. *NERVOUS*:nervous::nervous:
 
It's a pain losing a save. I know your pain.... buy a USB stick!

It's not like getting your cars back but I have a load of birthday tickets, level tickets and those type tickets (modern muscle etc) if you want some?

Birthday Tickets
1966 / 1967 / 1978 / 1986 / 1988 / 1989 / 1990 / 1992 / 1997 / 1998 / 1999 / 2000 / 2001 / 2003 / 2004 / 2005 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010

Level Tickets
5 / 9 / 12 / 17 / 21 / 22 / 23 /24

Others
Historic Rally
Rally Base Car
Rally
NASCAR
Classic Muscle
Modern Muscle

PM me if you do.
 
I re-installed my game data a couple of weeks ago, (with a backup on USB) and yesterday I was going through my garage and the mini countryman had a yellow ! next to it, when I clicked on it it said "dowloadable content not installed" so I quit out to the main menu, selected the DLC tab, clicked on the car pack to re-install and it just gave me the beep beep of denial, checked I was online, but again no dice. Then I backed it up from the USB and got the same result... what's going on there?
 
I re-installed my game data a couple of weeks ago, (with a backup on USB) and yesterday I was going through my garage and the mini countryman had a yellow ! next to it, when I clicked on it it said "dowloadable content not installed" so I quit out to the main menu, selected the DLC tab, clicked on the car pack to re-install and it just gave me the beep beep of denial, checked I was online, but again no dice. Then I backed it up from the USB and got the same result... what's going on there?
I think you may have to re-download from the PSN store first, then the DLC button in-game.
 
Back