Lost Data??

• Thread starter Stumps_GTI
  • 5 comments

Stumps_GTI

Premium
Australia
Aussie
Stumps_GTI
Hey guys, just curious if anyone has had a similar experience to me?

Approximately a month ago, my PS4 died. Well, the HD was corrupted. I already had an SSD installed (2TB), so I surely didn't want to just lose it.
After reformatting, it reset the PS4 back to a point of "just purchased"....I mean, there was NOTHING on it.
Had to re-enter my profile and all my games, which took considerable time due to a lack luster internet. :ill:

Anyway, to the short of it, GTSport was reloaded and thanks to their (Sony-PD) online "cloud" (?) saves, ALL my progress was saved and there for me to use. 👍

BUT..................when I went to the livery editor to make a new car, there are a LOT of decals..... MISSING!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
The main folder where decals are saved once you find one you like, it is fine....I have approximately 750-800 decals STILL SAVED in there.
But my 10 folders I created to save my most valued (used) decals, all 10 had vanished. :ouch:
Now, as I usually had done (to save space), once I identified a decal I liked, I'd save it to one of the 10 folders, then delete it from the main folder.
Consequently, all of those "deleted" decals are now nowhere to be found. 🤬

I have started the rebuilding process, re-locating all my passed favourite decals, but man, what a time consuming job. :irked:
It was during my first livery edit I then noticed the next STRANGE thing.................
ALL but 6 (SIX) of my liveries are GONE!! :confused:
They are still in my "livery" folder, but I can not access them to add decals or modify?? So I now have virtually a full compliment of 1000 liveries I can make. :lol:

To add salt to the wound, all my saved scapes and race pics have vanished to, all folders are empty. :indiff:

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Yep. I upgraded to PS4 Pro a year ago and even though I have PS Plus and my data was backed up on the cloud, something must have happened to it. I still have all my liveries BUT when I go to the livery editor and select Open design, some are missing. I don't understand. Why just some and not all of them? It's weird.

if you use others decals on your car and the uploader deletes it, you lose it if you try to edit the vehicle with it on.

i have also lost data at one point and now cannot edit any of my liveries b4 the loss.

Hey guys, just curious if anyone has had a similar experience to me?

Approximately a month ago, my PS4 died. Well, the HD was corrupted. I already had an SSD installed (2TB), so I surely didn't want to just lose it.
After reformatting, it reset the PS4 back to a point of "just purchased"....I mean, there was NOTHING on it.
Had to re-enter my profile and all my games, which took considerable time due to a lack luster internet. :ill:

Anyway, to the short of it, GTSport was reloaded and thanks to their (Sony-PD) online "cloud" (?) saves, ALL my progress was saved and there for me to use. 👍

BUT..................when I went to the livery editor to make a new car, there are a LOT of decals..... MISSING!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
The main folder where decals are saved once you find one you like, it is fine....I have approximately 750-800 decals STILL SAVED in there.
But my 10 folders I created to save my most valued (used) decals, all 10 had vanished. :ouch:
Now, as I usually had done (to save space), once I identified a decal I liked, I'd save it to one of the 10 folders, then delete it from the main folder.
Consequently, all of those "deleted" decals are now nowhere to be found. 🤬

I have started the rebuilding process, re-locating all my passed favourite decals, but man, what a time consuming job. :irked:
It was during my first livery edit I then noticed the next STRANGE thing.................
ALL but 6 (SIX) of my liveries are GONE!! :confused:
They are still in my "livery" folder, but I can not access them to add decals or modify?? So I now have virtually a full compliment of 1000 liveries I can make. :lol:

To add salt to the wound, all my saved scapes and race pics have vanished to, all folders are empty. :indiff:

Anyone else had a similar experience?
Everything you're missing is from the local save file you wiped when you formatted the HDD.

Everything you're missing is from the local save file you wiped when you formatted the HDD.
Really?? :(

So even at that point once a livery is complete, and the console says it is uploading and saving your file so that you can use it, it's only uploading to the console, not the cloud. :confused: Well, that sucks, but it does explain it, thanks Famine. 👍

And I guess anyone (if) has saved any of them, they can still use them?
I knew there was a reason I shouldn't have done a full reboot.....but the system was useless as it was, so it had to be. :indiff:

Suffering the same demise however, ended up getting all my saved decals and liveries back! I’m guessing I didn’t want to overwrite newer files on the console with older cloud files but upon setting up a second console, I realized that the ‘newer’ files on the console were bogus.

Back