Lost disc - will digital work?

• Thread starter warpkez
  • 4 comments
EnRedshirt02
After months of not playing GT6, I cannot find the disc for the game. If I purchase the digital version, I assume I need to remove the gamedata first before being able to use the digital unless during the purchase it just flags the gatedata as digital?

When I got rid of the PCars disc for my XB1 and downloaded the digital version it didn't change anything from what I had on disc.

Not sure how GT6 would work.

I recently had to buy the digital version as my disk was too damaged to work properly.

After downloading the game and finishing the install, it automatically started to update again so there's no need to delete the game data beforehand. I imagine the data is exactly the same as what was already on the console but it still needs refreshing for a new install.

Sorry about your PS3! :( Though I am aware your PS3 doesn't work anymore, for future reference to you and anyone else, you do have to redownload the updates if you go from the physical to the digital version. Your save game works for either one though. Hope this helps!

Source: Done this myself.

Back