Story goes: Guy bought a pirated DVD of SW3:ROTS after watching it in the cinema. When he got it home and watched it, he discovered that the subtitles were English translations of the Chinese version of the English original...
I have a copy with the numbers at the top like that at home and never once thought to turn the captions on. I'll have to check that out tonight and see if it is.
That was hilarious! I must get myself that DVD and watch it with a few of my buddies and laugh our asses off. I find it hilarious whenever the F-word appears its just completely random.
Wow. It reminded me of a Chinese version DVD I bought of a Kurosawa film called the "Stray Dog". It had Japanese audio(original), but subtitles were in Chinese(cantonese & mandarin, I believe) and English. I understood Japanese, but I watched it with English subtitles on one time. Not only some of the translation weren't even close to what they were saying in the movie, all of the character's names had been changed to Chinese names.