Lost my game save and DLC

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ratrasta
  • 18 comments
  • 1,457 views
Messages
44
New Zealand
Auckland
I lost my game save and my DLC'S by mistake, was trying to the duping trick which i did wrong. I don't mind starting again because i was using most of the aid's. If i delete the GT 5 game data and re install it can i get back the DCL'S i have brought.

Thank's in advance for the help
Shane
 
Worst case scenario is you will have to go to Account Management (on your XMB bar), and view your download history. If need be, you can re-download all your DLC again, up to five times. Good luck.
 
You shouldnt have problem. just reinstall ur dlc on ur main menu. i recommend saving ur data on a flashdrive to
 
Thanks s0ul_chicken and r3dnekteddybear was not sure if you had to uninstall then re install.
 
On a related note: if I lost my game save and had no backup and was forced to start over *god forbid* would my trophy information remain? Like, if I started anew at Lvl 0 and had no license, would all my trophies be deleted? Anyone know?
 
Going from personal experience ( two YLODs before PS+ ) your trophies are permanent if you lose game saves. They are not affected.
 
Trophies are stored on PSN servers, once you have achieved a trophy and synched your PS3 with them, it's there forever, regardless of whatever happens to your PS3 console or gamesaves.
 
That's silly. And it explains why my friend still has all the achievements from 2010 although he has since bought a whole new PS3 and has just begun a new game...
So if he earns the trophy again, nothing happens? And the achievement date doesn't get updated either? O well.
Thanks roflcoptor
 
Why is that silly? You've earned the trophies on that PSN ID, why would they be deleted just because you lost your game save?
 
Why is that silly? You've earned the trophies on that PSN ID, why would they be deleted just because you lost your game save?

Okay, poor choice of words, haha. I don't disagree with keeping the trophies once you got them. After all, that is when you got them and the list should reflect that correctly. However, now his trophy achievements are going to be skewed by a time discrepancy. And that tingles my OCD sense. That he has to get his IA license 2.5 years after his B... Although he has to start the licenses over from scratch.

If you think about it that way... I still feel it's silly :)
 
But how else could it work?

How indeed. I'd imagine if the game sends the PSN the signal that XYZ player has completed their license test (which triggers a trophy, right?) that it then senses that the trophy has been completed already, but it's a 1-time achievement, and just updates the date to the new completion...

I know, much too complicated to include as a contingency for deleted game saves...

I'm just saying... would be nice...
 
If you delete the Game Data in the Game Data Utility you WILL have to earn the Trophies over again. For those who argue I restarted this game countless times before I found out how Sacred Lv.40 is and have won the trophies countless times.
 
oooooh

Okay now ryzno, maybe you can shed some light here...

My buddy has a whole new PS3, new out of the box, the old one totaled, game saves toast.

He just recently reinstalled GT5, but when all the updates to 2.09 were done, he didn't feel like playing just then and quit the game without ever going into GT mode. I think he fell asleep personally, but whatever.

He was a little unwilling to even bother reinstalling because he "would have to start over, get leicenses, earn money, get cars again". I had told him, if he re-starts the game, I will just give him some cars. So he agreed to start it. I built him two starter cars he might need...

And I waited for him to show up in my friends list in GT5... for a while.

Then one day he showed up, meaning he found time to update the game. And he shows in my list as Lvl 0, no picture. So his game save is blank. But when I compare trophies with him, he has first A-Spec race completed November 2010 or something... a few days after mine...

I know he hasn't logged in because he hasn't thanked me for the cars yet ;)

If he logs into the game for the first time in GT mode, will the trophies get cleared then?

Or will they get re-dated when they are once again earned?

There, that's the detailed question. Can't elaborate more without getting repetitive.
 
oooooh

Okay now ryzno, maybe you can shed some light here...

My buddy has a whole new PS3, new out of the box, the old one totaled, game saves toast.

He just recently reinstalled GT5, but when all the updates to 2.09 were done, he didn't feel like playing just then and quit the game without ever going into GT mode. I think he fell asleep personally, but whatever.

He was a little unwilling to even bother reinstalling because he "would have to start over, get leicenses, earn money, get cars again". I had told him, if he re-starts the game, I will just give him some cars. So he agreed to start it. I built him two starter cars he might need...

And I waited for him to show up in my friends list in GT5... for a while.

Then one day he showed up, meaning he found time to update the game. And he shows in my list as Lvl 0, no picture. So his game save is blank. But when I compare trophies with him, he has first A-Spec race completed November 2010 or something... a few days after mine...

I know he hasn't logged in because he hasn't thanked me for the cars yet ;)

If he logs into the game for the first time in GT mode, will the trophies get cleared then?

Or will they get re-dated when they are once again earned?

There, that's the detailed question. Can't elaborate more without getting repetitive.

No, when you earn a trophy it is tied to your account. So if he earned the trophy before and synced it to the server (not syncing and deleting progress is the only way to earn a trophy "twice") it will always have the date he originally fulfilled the objectives to earn said trophy.

So, he's already earned the trophy for completing a race and that will always be tied to his account regardless of whether or not he deletes his game and starts over again data.
 
Guys, my ps3 unit just crashed a few months ago… I had the gt5 xl edition with th DLC package, so I had to reformat my unit but after that, the game was updated to 2.07 (back then) I tried to install the game for faster loading yet despite it displays only 19mins on my screen, it never finished installing after 24 hourz ++ until now I haven't playd the game… but my ps3 can play other games just having hard time installing the game
 
I bought the XL Edition because my original 1.0 game disc has "invisible" damage. I mean, I can tell it's a damaged disc because it crashes the game after drive makes noises and the unit triple-beeps when loading certain things.

That disc also will not complete an install, and will just hang.

My advice: take the disc to the retailer and complain that it is faulty and won't install. Make them exchange it for an identical disc, and if they give you hassle, tell them to go ahead and prove the product they sold you is a-okay by installing it. It should only take 30 minutes on a store display PS3 to show them their disc is effed up.

If that doesn't work, go to a video store and ask them to see if they can scratch-repair the disc. Even Blu-Ray discs can be recovered this way. Most stores have a polishing machine to "protect their investment" from damage and wear. Some offer disc service, others will do it for you if you ask nicely. Chain stores like Blockbuster often don't have these, because they'd just send damaged product back to the main warehouse where they do it in bulk.

I re-bought the game because the store in my town that had a polishing machine closed recently, and the extra DLC makes it a killer deal. I now have both, the damaged 1.0 disc and the XL
 
Back