Lost my save data

• Thread starter ionstriker
  • 3 comments
ionstriker
Hey everyone, so I've gone and done something stupid I think. So I loaded gt sport on another console and when the game started up, there was a popup that said there was saved data on the server and if I wanted to download it. I said NO. Then it said the game would start as a new game. So I thought that's fine as I can download my saves from the cloud at any time. So when I loaded the game on my console and seleted the download all option from the cloud, the game still started as a new game. The only thing that was retained was my online progress. My driver rating and sportsmanship rating. Everything else other than the campaign stuff seems to reverted to default. Any way I can bring my old saves back?
Thankfully I got the platinum before any of this happened.

Oh no.
I don't know and I'm not any sort of expert, but it sounds like you might have started a new game and the new game data may have overwrite your original save data progress on the PD server.
PD are so paranoid about cheaters bringing in outside modified save files that the server isn't goung to let a PS+ cloud or USB backup file overwrite replace what they've got on their end.
Lucky your plat trophy is safe at least.

Oh no.
I don't know and I'm not any sort of expert, but it sounds like you might have started a new game and the new game data may have overwrite your original save data progress on the PD server.
PD are so paranoid about cheaters bringing in outside modified save files that the server isn't goung to let a PS+ cloud or USB backup file overwrite replace what they've got on their end.
Lucky your plat trophy is safe at least.

So, if you have a game save backup on a USB, and try to restore, it won't work?
Are the saves for GT Sport saved fully on the cloud for PS+ accounts, or just the online stuff (rating, races, best lap time)? I have the feeling the cars are not saved.

Back