Lost Pix, Vids, Times, and C. Courses

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ace_Man
  • 2 comments
  • 558 views
Messages
162
United States
MD
Messages
Ace_Man
Messages
Super_Ace_Man_900
I'm sure this has happened to others, but My old fat 20gb system crapped out and YLOD'ed for the 2nd time. I used the hair dryer trick and it fired back up for about 3 hours and backed up my system (2.5 hours to do so). Had to trade in my old broken one to afford a new one, so I formatted the old one. Then I found out NOBODY would take a YLOD system. So I scraped money together and bought a Slim. I restored the backup and it ONLY gave me my game saves... I figured 'no big deal, just alot of re-downloading'. I played GT5 yesterday because of the C7 Vette. I then found out that all my cars, drivers, and progress were still there, but my 150+ pictures, 20+ replays, 8 or 10 created courses (not too big a deal, but some took a long time to get). And countless hours of trying to get perfect lap times were all gone. I thought that my game save data would contain it, but I was wrong. I suppose it's all gone for good. Pretty annoying on PD's part, among tons of other things.
 
Replays, pictures, etc. get stored onto your ps3's HDD, not the game save itself. In order to get those replays and pictures, you would've had to export them to your XMB and save them onto a usb then put them onto your new ps3. Unfortunatly, if you dont have your old ps3 anymore, those replays will be gone forever. Sorry for the loss man.
 
Spirithockey61
Replays, pictures, etc. get stored onto your ps3's HDD, not the game save itself. In order to get those replays and pictures, you would've had to export them to your XMB and save them onto a usb then put them onto your new ps3. Unfortunatly, if you dont have your old ps3 anymore, those replays will be gone forever. Sorry for the loss man.

They get saved in the Game Data. Sucks that we can't back that up! It would save a lot of time re-downloading updates and keeps things like replays and lap times in tact!
 
Back