lost turbo upgrade

  • Thread starter Thread starter elihusmails
  • 5 comments
  • 603 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
4
This is my first post. I have been playing GT4 for about 2 weeks.

I have upgraded my Lupo that I won after completing the B license. I added a stage 2 turbo which got me to around 160HP. After saving the game and turning off my PS2, a couple days later I turned on GT4 and noticed that the Lupo said 100HP. I went to the VW shop and cannot add the turbo again, since there is a checkbox over the stage 2 turbo. My credit balance is correct, which is missing the 12,500 that it took to purchase the turbo.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks.
 
Sounds like a glitch. Perhaps you could try "removing" the turbo and reinstalling it in the settings menu?
 
elihusmails
This is my first post. I have been playing GT4 for about 2 weeks.

I have upgraded my Lupo that I won after completing the B license. I added a stage 2 turbo which got me to around 160HP. After saving the game and turning off my PS2, a couple days later I turned on GT4 and noticed that the Lupo said 100HP. I went to the VW shop and cannot add the turbo again, since there is a checkbox over the stage 2 turbo. My credit balance is correct, which is missing the 12,500 that it took to purchase the turbo.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks.

Ah this is a easy one, I do it all the time. When you purchase a upgrade you have the option to apply it now or later, I bet any money just before purchasing the turbo it told you that it will give you 160BHP, you brought it, accidently never applied it, saved your game and then turned off PS2.

So while in your HOME and in the Lupo, just press start and apply it in the settings for the Lupo, and you should be all good to go.
 
Or you could have bought one of the N/A parts after installing the turbo. Since you can only either have a turbo or an N/A part applied at once, the most recently fitted takes precedence.
 
eastley
Ah this is a easy one, I do it all the time. When you purchase a upgrade you have the option to apply it now or later, I bet any money just before purchasing the turbo it told you that it will give you 160BHP, you brought it, accidently never applied it, saved your game and then turned off PS2.

So while in your HOME and in the Lupo, just press start and apply it in the settings for the Lupo, and you should be all good to go.

I was using setup "B", which for some reason did not have the turbo turned on. Once I switched to setup "A", the 166HP showed up again.

Thanks 👍
 
elihusmails
I was using setup "B", which for some reason did not have the turbo turned on. Once I switched to setup "A", the 166HP showed up again.

Thanks 👍

That explains it. If you have the tune shop install a part that can be removed, it only installs the part on your current setup (the one that's highlighted when you head to the Parts Change/Settings screen). If you want it on your other setups, you have to put it on yourself.

This doesn't apply to weight reduction, port polish, engine balancing or stiffness (increase rigidity); they're put on all the setups automatically (and they can't be removed).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back