Lost Your DLC ? DLC Replacement Thread Using Garage Editor

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by 2_FAST_4_U, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Stevie G

Stevie G

So i recently bought a mint copy of the Academy Edition for the princely sum of £2.06p! (actually cost more in shipping, haha) because i had a sudden desire during the whole Covid-19 lockdown shenanigans to complete the Nürburgring 24 hours that i didn't get round to years ago.
    I actually thought (naively) that this disc actually contained the dlc that was available for the standard game. But i soon realised that the cars are there on the game, but i never bought any dlc for GT5 back in the day.
    So I'm guessing there is no way of driving these extra cars anymore? Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

2. 2_FAST_4_U

2_FAST_4_U

Well you can use the method I described with instructions at the beginning of this thread... but actually, it’s maybe now a mood point for GT5, cause with GT6 now offline you can get them all in the standard car dealerships simply with credit purchases.

fordlaser likes this.
  3. Stevie G

Stevie G

I am not given any other choice to purchase the extra cars on the disc other than to purchase the racing car pack downloadable content and as there is no content on the playstation store, i have no idea what you mean? ‍♂️

4. 2_FAST_4_U

2_FAST_4_U

If you don’t know what I mean I will suggest you read and digest this whole thread right from the beginning and also read the Garage Editor thread end to end in the GT5 forum. I also suggest you do way more research on all these subjects here on GTP. I think this thread and the Garage Editor thread makes things very clear, so other than that I can’t direct you any better. Good luck...

5. NickXP

NickXP

So if I downgrade from the latest version to the version 2.11 will I lose my progress and my cars or not ?

6. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

No you will not lose your progress if you downgrade from the latest version to the version 2.11. If you were on the latest version with DLC you could not use them on version 2.11.

7. NickXP

NickXP

How do I downgrade?

8. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Press on Game Data Utility My Great Capture Screenshot 2020-06-30 18-45-05.png
    And then you see this
    My Great Capture Screenshot 2020-06-30 18-45-34.png
    And then you press triangle on your DS3 to delete the GT5 updates. Then connect your PS3 to the internet and start GT5 and then start the updates, when update 22 starts, press O on your DS3 to stop the updates and your in version 2.11 and don't forget to turn your internet off.
    This what I told you, is for the original version of GT5 and your version should be on 2.17 before downgrade.

9. NickXP

NickXP

Cool :) thanks! I am going to try it now

fordlaser likes this.
  10. 2_FAST_4_U

2_FAST_4_U

I’m glad I was able to bring you back the DLC’s simply by using Garage Editor. Guaranteed to work with no problems ever time by simply following my original instructions to the letter. Glad to see all the views that have occurred as well. You’re welcome and enjoy .