LOTR EE Box Set

  • Thread starter Thread starter Danoff
  • 5 comments
  • 415 views

Danoff

Premium
Messages
34,431
United States
Mile High City
Does anyone have it? Is it just the extended editions with a flimsy cardboard box? Is there any word that they'll have a better one eventually?
 
I'm certainly no expert on the matter, but mine is just that. :) Don't know if they're gonna make another one... Anyways, I'm happy with what I have.
 
I'm certainly no expert on the matter, but mine is just that. Don't know if they're gonna make another one... Anyways, I'm happy with what I have.

Is each of the EE movies on two discs?
 
Yep, and you get two bonus discs with every movie.
 
I bought the three extended editions separately and am very happy with them. I don't know if they are working on the better DVD set, but I'm happy with the current set. As OnlyMe noted, it's the film on two DVDs + bonus feature on two DVDs. Those extra features are great.

Just to let you know, when I bought the "Return of the King" set, it came with an offer to purchase the "flimsy cardboard box" for three bucks!
 
Yeah, and I sent away for it weeks ago, with no results yet. But to get back to the matter at hand, how much more do you need in extras for these movies? Is a four-disc edition for each movie, that's 12 effing discs in all folks, not enough for you? Jeeze, it took years for the Star Wars movies to end up on DVD, and they were only one disc per movie!

I am fairly certain that any other sets they ever release will simply be dressier, but without any new features. I like the look and features of the extended versions. They suit me - and everyone I know who has them - just fine.
 
Back