Lots of questions...please help

• Thread starter ploopsy
  • 3 comments
Canada
Toronto
So I just got a psp and I want to get a few question sorted out so that I can get to playing gtpsp without a hitch. Im a noob that needs to know this info fast...Im hoping everyone will help cause i need this info to play gtpsp! lol!... THANKS

1. Will the psnetwork download be available at 12.01AM on Oct 1st? what time zone does the store go by?

2. Will the psnetwork download cost a little less than the umd version? what is the price anyways?

3. Can I re download a game purchased on psnetwork?

4. Should I download the game directly to my psp? or should i download it to the ps3 and transfer it? does it even matter?

5. Can I use the same psnet id on my psp and my ps3?

6. How much space will i need on my memory stick for storing the full game?

7. Can I use an ordinary memory stick pro duo or do i need the one with "magicgate"?

8. Will I save power and/or loading time with the download vs the umd?

Thanks once again for all the help.

Hi ploopsy, i'll try nd help considering that i got a PSP about a month ago and was a noob too at one point :) So here goes:

1.) I'm assuming the game will be available with the normal sotre update (around 5pm Eastern)

2.) I read that the DL will be 29.99, not 100% sure on that one but i believe the DL will be cheaper.

3.) Yes you can, you can re-download the game as many times as you like.

4.) When DL'ing PSP items like games or themes or whatnot you have to have your PSP connected to the PS3 via the USB cable. You will select your PSP as the save destination.

5.) Yes you can, i do :)

6.) On the Playstation blog they mentioned that the game will be about 1.1. GB

7.) The normal ProDuo works perfectly, i have a 4gb that works like a charm.

8.) Supposedley DL'ing the game and running it from the memory card will improve load times. compared to the UMD being read. I'll be getting the UMD so i guess i'm out of luck :(

Hope this helps

@Havok_

A quick follow up.
I tried downloading psp demos onto my ps3. Once there I install it and it shows up in the list of games. When I select it it tells me to plug in my psp. I dont have a memstick yet so I cant continue...

I think its safe to say that I can install psp games to my ps3 so that they can be copied over via the usb connection and the game can remain on the ps3 as a backup. Is this correct?

Exactly correct. After you plug in your PSP, just press triangle, then copy and presto... a progress bar appears and it copies over to your PSP.

Also, I reckon that the download would save quite a bit of battery power as the laser and motors won't be in operation.

Edit: If I remember correctly, the PS3 will bring up a screen asking if you want to delete it from the hard drive - obviously in your case you'd want to select 'no'. I've only transfered one PSP game (demo) and I recall that happening. PSOne Classics don't bring it up, however.

Last edited:
Back