Lotus Elise 111R RM Tsukaba TimeTrial Challenge

  • Thread starter Thread starter chesterdraws
  • 46 comments
  • 5,588 views
now got my wheel setup im not happy with behind u by .006 so im going to decimate your time, but very odd but i used to race like that untill i changed and learnt now i cant go back like that

but still driving line and auto and chase cam hats off to you mate very good time for those settings!
 
Haven't posted times yet in any of these due to, well, sucking - but liking working on them anyway, since they've been good cars and tracks, and chasing good driver's times is learnin' me.

P.S. Somebody (aussie, preferably) beat Adrenaline, please ;-)
 
Haven't posted times yet in any of these due to, well, sucking - but liking working on them anyway, since they've been good cars and tracks, and chasing good driver's times is learnin' me.

P.S. Somebody (aussie, preferably) beat Adrenaline, please ;-)

My advice mate just run and run laps and get the ultimate feel of the car and try take different lines and approaches into corners use your ghost to see if take the corner slower in and fast out on some corners works for you or take them fast in and medium out. play with lsd and dampers anti rolls

new time

Specs at the time:
Time: 00:50.646
Bhp: 319hp
P.P: 589
Wheel\DS3: DF-PRO Abs 1

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/gamey.jpg/
 
Last edited:
Nice effort lost,I cant get into the 50.ooo bracket so my hat comes off to you and everyone in the magic 50s, I think its just a matter of fine tuning your setup to get the power down early and maintain good mid corner speed, this car rely s on keeping its momentum up and and entry or exit sliding is punished!
For all those that love this car Im going to extend the challenge to Cote d Azur because this car was made for that track, and the layout of it makes it hard to gain too much by cutting.so everyone is kept relatively honest.

These challenges are partly about setting the fastest overall time but more so,about the enjoyment that comes from beating your nemesis. So in my mind even if your not as quick as the leaders post your time anyway,and try and beat the guy in front of you and quite often mini rivalry's develop, good luck and thanks to every one whos entered a time
 
Yeah thanks diver. are you making a cote de azur thread? and yeah its just about the tuning on the cars, you we kill me at cote as its not one of my fav tracks! i kinda just got my car to slide the nose into the corner without loosing the rear traction and got good exit speed aswell as deep braking
 
Yeah thanks diver. are you making a cote de azur thread? and yeah its just about the tuning on the cars, you we kill me at cote as its not one of my fav tracks! i kinda just got my car to slide the nose into the corner without loosing the rear traction and got good exit speed aswell as deep braking

No Im not going to start another thread as PSN is nearly back aus/nz will be last to get switched on:grumpy:If it does become popular , which I doubt ,I may start a new thread, but Ive got three going all ready and I just dont have the time as it is to keep them all properly updated:banghead::banghead::banghead:as for me killing you at cote... Im not so sure, I think my driving style is less suited to the offline tyre model because online i was always pretty strong at Tsukaba but not offline:mad::odd:
 
yeah ive improved alot tho mate, ive always been quick at tsukuba also i dont race on offline modes im always on online also , prob just me had nothing todo so sat thier and my mechanical knowledge allows me to tune quite good.
 
I will set a time after school. One question though how good is jims tune offline?
 
These challenges are partly about setting the fastest overall time but more so,about the enjoyment that comes from beating your nemesis. So in my mind even if your not as quick as the leaders post your time anyway,and try and beat the guy in front of you and quite often mini rivalry's develop, good luck and thanks to every one whos entered a time

I had a good old rivalry with... myself.

Time: 00:52.393
Bhp: 318hp
P.P: 589
Wheel\DS3: DS3 AT

There was at least .4-.5 for me to be had before I change setup (I think the gearing's OK, more tweaking - I'd probably gain as much going to MT :guilty: ), but I'm having more fun checking different cars, now, since I didn't even get time to run in the car before we got PSN back.

Some interesting cars in that area are the R390 road car (no permanent mods), RS200 rally (maxed), and the cars I think can definitely threaten the 111R RM in the right hands - the Asparadrink RX-7 and the Arta Garaiya 08. These last two I got down into the 52s with very little effort, setup, and only a few laps.

There's a few other road cars around that area that aren't bad, either. Audi R8 (no permanent mods, including aero) felt good, and I think I even got down around 54 with a bone stock Enzo + oil and R3s. Point, brake, point...

Anyway, enough blather. Great times, competent people - let me know if you can share setups ;-). Tip of the hat to Type_raveR, who pulled that time with the mid-range turbo, I assume.
 
The Lexus LFA, Raybrig NSX & FTO Super Touring Car all have potential as well, depending on the track.
 
That FTO is just all kinds of good.

There's such an embarrassment of car riches just above 590 it's hard to know where to start ;-) GT500s, RX-7 and 8 LMs, DTMs... the maxed IS350 is strong there, too. 600pp race cars is fun times.

Though lacking decent aero, the Enzo and ZZII seemingly get a free PP power-to-weight pass around that range. Danger, Will Robinson! Understeering badly!

I'd actually be very interested to test the 111R RM against the RS200, RE RX-7 and Garaiya in terms of tire wear in a long race - the low weight should really help the Elise, but the RS200 might edge it out with 4WD and sheer I-don't-care-what-you-drove-over. The main problem I had early on with the Elise was brake stability and touchy lock up.

I've bought a second R390 road car to fully max (also for use against race cars - as I don't think anyone is fooled ;-)
 
Last edited:
...snip...

Anyway, enough blather. Great times, competent people - let me know if you can share setups ;-). Tip of the hat to Type_raveR, who pulled that time with the mid-range turbo, I assume.

Thanks for the kind words. Actually, I did use a stage 3 turbo but since the car was fresh from the dealer, the engine was breaking in. By the time i set the time, thats what the HP/PP was up to. If i keep using it, then eventually it will reach the peak 318hp/589pp.
 
Heya heres a replay of the 50.646 i did some were askin for it.

sorry if low qual used digital camera to record of. not to bad tho enjoy

 
Thanks for the kind words. Actually, I did use a stage 3 turbo but since the car was fresh from the dealer, the engine was breaking in. By the time i set the time, thats what the HP/PP was up to. If i keep using it, then eventually it will reach the peak 318hp/589pp.

Heh. Mine was partly broken in to start, but I actually tried a lap or two with the mid-range, which showed nearly identical bhp/pp to what you presented. I thought it still might do OK for someone using MT very well, so I thought it was strategy :sly:
 
Back