Lotus Elise 111r Tuned 750pp suzuka Time Trial

• Thread starter just1e
  • 10 comments
Im currently 80th ish on this time trial but a massive 3 seconds off mr moose, the trouble im having is that although i have changed the setting about a billion times, im still yet to drive the car in a good state on handling! How the hell do you set the car up???

I would love to know how mr moose has set his car up as it looks so solid and yet soft. I have got the gearing right but thats only because i have been able copy the moose car, and that kinda prooves the settings for bhp and weight, but when it comes to the rest of the setting im kinda lost. Tried loads of suspension setting and toe in/out etc but cant get it feeling right.

Is there any help out there? I would love some setting to try if anyone can help?

You have to decide what kind of feeling you want to give to your car. Do you like balanced/slightly understeering cars? Or you prefer "play" with throttle in an oversteering one? When you decide, you start work trying to achieve that feeling.. and it's an hard work, I prefer the first type so usually I use C2 tyres in front and C3 rear, (I guess at Suzuka most of them go for C3 C3 but you have to find your OWN setup, and start working to achieve the best grip/feeling for YOUR driving style)
Plus, you have to consider some users are using clutch and great wheels, this mean better times.. Anyway, good luck and let me say 80th place it's not bad at all 👍

Managed to improve my time, now in 50th position as of about 3 hours ago, still think the handling of the car could be better. I am able to go 1 sec quicker on a perfect lap with this set up but it still doesnt put me even close to the quickest lap!!!

Do i take it that having a clutch pedal will enable me to get within reach of the quickest time? How does the use of a clutch pedal enable you to go quicker? Is it because people are slipping the clutch when accelerating? Im guessing this is what happens as Mr Moose is getting to speeds that i cant get to on the same section of track.

What is the best steering wheel to get?

Well I'm not getting any $ form Logitech for saying this but G27 is a great solution, (or an used G25 in good conditions) Fanatech is another great one.
But, this is not everything, in this kind of event open to every user around the world, you really don't know what they are using.. not to scary you but this is a professional setup a modded G25 with custom peadals and rock solid position, check the photo from your self, this is just an exhample there are so many solution like this around the web, you can't pretend to enter top 10 with a dual shock 3. So try your best but don't get mad if you don't win. About car setup the "perfect setup" differ from driver to driver what's your driving style?

Was it not possible to cheat in the main GT Academy competition last year?

I ended up 50 something in that as well, should i be getting a steering wheel with a clutch pedal? I cant believe there is an advantage like this as its not fair, all i want to do is discover how good a driver i am compared to everyone else.

Is there going to be another GT Academy competition this year does anyone know?

Was it not possible to cheat in the main GT Academy competition last year?

I ended up 50 something in that as well, should i be getting a steering wheel with a clutch pedal? I cant believe there is an advantage like this as its not fair, all i want to do is discover how good a driver i am compared to everyone else.

Is there going to be another GT Academy competition this year does anyone know?

DFGT wheel is the official GT wheel and it does not have a clutch, and with some pedal and shifter mods it is a good as a G25/27. see pics on my profile

Back