Lotus Elise 111R

• Thread starter Zimmerd
  • 9 comments
GTP_Zimmerd
Hai...

I'm just wondering.
Today I thought driving the Lotus Elise 111R for some change..
But I found it very difficult to drive this car.
Certainly at the beginning..
I tried several set-ups..
But I keep getting the same problem, altought at the end of my efforts it was getting better and better.
But taking turns at a pretty high speed always meant troubles for me.
The back of the car always slides out.. even without pushing the gas pedal..
I thought.. for such a low-weight car.. this car would stick to the surface.. Guess I was wrong?

Like a most mid engined cars, the Elise has lots of 'lift-off oversteer'... when you brake or come off the gas the forward weight transfer unloads the rear and if you're turning at the time you'll tend to spin.

There are various way to correct this including adding positive rear toe, but I found the easiest way is to always try and brake in a straight line and always have a some throttle on when turning... I also have the gas pedal slightly pressed whenever I'm braking... if the rear starts to slide I ease off the brake and the weight shifts back to the rear which restores the grip. It's a case of balancing brakes and throttle to mamage the weight transfer.

Thanks for the helpful explanation
I'll keep on trying to improve my skills with this car.
Yes I already had positive rear toe;)

cya

I've found with the Lotus very little movement is needed to steer the car,that is it almost steers itself.if your using a wheel it requires about a third of the wheel input as normal cars.:crazy:

May be you can try my setting
HP 336
Weight 752
Tires R1 R3
Aero 13 35
Height -13 -13
Spring Rate 8 7
Damper 9 7
Toe -0.10 +1.4
Camber 2.0 4.0
Brake 8 7
Max Turn 30

See how you like it

This is what I run at HSR 800pp
pwr=+35
wht-95
R3 R3
ride hieght- -15 -12
aero- 11 26
toe- -7 -12
camber- 1.3 2.0
brks- 5 5
tcs 0
abs 1
spring 2 1
damper 3 3

Last edited:
Has anyone developed a tune for the dealership race. I got gold last night but the car was wicked loose. I prefer a tight racecar.

Higher grip tires in rear is a quick, easy solution. I personally use s1 s2 tires in TT and I can get my foot in the gas sooner than guys running s2 s2 tires. When Tire wear is implemented this may cause a problem, so if you can give the front less grip via lowering the rear more, or neg toe in front, this helps alot to keep the rear end wanting to hook around. my 2 cents...

Back