Lotus Esprit S4s 1994

• Thread starter nick77
  • 5 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
electronicnick
1996-98-Lotus-Esprit-GT3-4-297671.jpg

The S4s (S4 sport), upped power to 300 bhp (224 kW; 304 PS) and torque to 290 lb·ft (393 N·m), improving all-around performance while retaining the comfort of the previous version (S4). Top speed was increased to 168 mph (270 km/h), skidpad increased to 0.91g, an increased slalom of 61.7 mph and a 0-60 mph time of 4.6 seconds.

910s engine

lotus-esprit-turbo-s4-4.jpg

Upgraded in 1990 for use in the Esprit SE where it produced 280 horsepower (210 kW) with the addition of a water to air intercooler known as the Chargecooler. In its ultimate incarnation as used in the Sport 300, X180R and S4s the engine was capable of 300 horsepower (220 kW). Although the engine kept its 2.2-litre capacity, many modifications were added to improve engine performance. Some of the changes were enlarged inlet ports, cylinder head modifications, a re-calibrated ECM and a revised turbocharger.

Bild%20002.jpg

The most visible external styling changes were the addition of a larger rear wing, taken from the Sport 300 and OZ 'Futura' Split-Rim 3-piece alloys, 17" on the front, 18" on the rear.

lotus-esprit-v8-8.jpg

This car was to be the end of the line for the Esprit but a cancelled project for a front engine car had left Lotus with a compact V8 and no car to put it into.

Additional info:

Last edited:
I love all Esprit's so I'll show my support for the lovely S4.

Suggested it mainly because it's, probably, the best of the 4-cylinder cars and the game only has the earlier car with that type of engine. In low PP events or races it could be very strong. It's also my favourite Esprit.

Last edited:
Didn't want to add to the OP but had to share. Presume the exhaust isn't road legal but one for all the detractors who said a super car shouldn't be 4-cylinder

Back