Lotus Evora '09 Tune - 500PP - Scirocco Rich

United Kingdom
Bath
Richiehill1988
Hi All,

I've only been a member here for a short time, however I've used this forum for a while - especially with GT5 for which I've used it extensively.

I'm now feeling a lot more confident with my tuning and, although I'm never going to win any awards for it, my driving too.

As a result I feel that I should put something back into the community. So, off I went trying to think of a car to produce a tune for that could help some people out. First off what I did was make a mental list of cars that I like personally, secondly I compared it against the index of tunes that people have produced. In the end I went with the Lotus Evora '09 and, because I needed a car for a race myself, chose to tune it to c.500PP.

First thing I did was go out and buy literally every upgrade I could so that I could switch between to create the best balance of power/weight for the PP.

I've been playing about with it for around 2 -3 hours now and I've got it to a stage where I'm comfortable enough to put it out there and see what people think of it; so I'm after some testers if people have the spare cash/inclination to give it a whirl.

The target audience that I have in mind are people like myself that:

• Probably consider themselves upper intermediate drivers.
  • Use no or little aids (I use 1 ABS on some cars and 0 on others)
  • Have started to make use of but are by no means masters at trail braking and oversteer (either power induced or brake induced).
  • Cannot fully make use of oversteer to "push" through corners as they find it spins you out.
  • Would like a 500PP Max MR car.
As stated above, I've tried to remove some of the oversteer from the build, yet keep it there for those who can make better use of it.

I'd like to thank @shaunm80 for his build which I used for a base and then continued to modify it based on the parameters I'd set above. Shaun's build can be found here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ated-with-seasonal-tunes.294865/#post-9124119
Lotus Evora '09
PP 500
Max Power 343 BHP
Weight 1,190 Kg
Front/Rear Weight Distribution 43:57

Tyres: F = Sport Soft, R = Sport Soft

Suspension
Height-Adjustable, Full-Custom
RH: F = 93mm, R = 90mm
SR: F = 7.60, R = 13.30
D(C): F = 5, R = 4
D(E): F = 4, R = 4
ARB: F = 2, R = 5
CA: F = 1.6, R = 1.5
Toe: F = -0.04, R = 0.15

Brakes
Race Brake Kit
BB: F = 6, R = 5

Drivetrain (Transmission)
Full-Custom Trans
Final Gear = 5.000
Max Speed = 149 MPH
1. 2.674
2. 1.880
3. 1.408
4. 1.103
5. 0.903
6. 0.773

Drivetrain
Full-Custom LSD
Init Tq: 12
Accel: 12
Brake: 16
Triple-Plate Clutch

Power
Tuning: Stage 1
Comp: Sports
Exhaust: Sports
Manifold: Standard
Cat: Standard
Intake: Standard
Limiter: 100%

Body
Wing: Custom A (I think - It's the smaller of the two customs)
Downforce: Lvl 20
Ballast Weight: 48Kg
Ballast Position: -50%
Weight Reduction: Stage 2
Bonnet: Carbon
Windows: WWR

I've also increased body rigidity.

That's it, if anyone wants any further info please post it in here so others can benefit from it. If anyone would like me to try something, please give me a shout!

Tested on the Ascari Test Track. Best time so far 2:18:312 although I can definitely take at least 2 seconds off it with enough practice!

Let me know what you think!

Rich

UPDATE: I've just posted a 2:15:910 and I still think there's a good 2 seconds to be had off it (by me) some of you gods will be doing c. 2 mins.

Tunes are always welcome in my opinion. Would try it out later.
If you could get your tunes in the Tuning Database it would make for easier finding. It's the first resource I normally go to when searching for a particular tune. I think once it's in there a member can use the Advanced Tune Finder to shortlist searches also. Comes in handy.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/categories/gt6-tuning-database.2/
@SciroccoRich has been inactive for over a year, so they will probably not be adding the tune to the database anytime soon. As for other tuners, they probably don't prefer the input method to add their tunes to the database.

Back