• lacking grip, no fun what have you done to this

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • stable, good handling but not much fun

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
HUGHS1E
HUGHS1E'S LOTUS HSR800

Here is a tune I feel fit to publish based on my enjoyment from thrashing this little car around. The tune is based on a LOTUS 111R TUNED and I have made the following set up so it can compete in the current HSR800 race.
exige_yellow.jpg

For people just interested in the performance of this car here are the stats. (All times were performed by me using a sixaxis d-pad and buttons so times may vary for wheel users but fast drivers should be able to get even more out of this car)

FREE RUN TIME: 1.03's and easily low 1.04's
FASTEST ONLINE LAP: 1.03.2 its around half a second faster than my fastest time without slipstream so I must of drafted a little on that lap

Also in my last race starting in 6th this car was able to run a sub 10min50sec overall race which may be of interest

THE TUNE Please note that some off the settings may seem wild or unusual but I assure you they are affective. Feel free to adjust the brakes in particular but I have set them like that as I feel on this track and with using a button to apply them this works well, wheel users that are able to control the force they apply to a pedal may want to use a more original set up.

POWER: +32

Weight: 94%

TYRES: FRONT R2 REAR R3

AERO: 20 35

RIDE: +10 -15

SPRING: 8 10

DAMPER: 9 9

TOE: +0.08 +0.40

CAMBER: 1.6 2.0

BRAKES: 3 0

TURN A: 36

TC: OFF

ABS: 1

1st: 2.689
2nd: 1.822
3rd: 1.355
4th: 1.066
5th: 0.903
6th: 0.769
FINAL: 4246

HOW IT DRIVES

This is a revy little car so make sure to thrash it. Cars will pull down the straights but just wait until the bends, through the corners it is well balanced and the lift off oversteer normally associated with a mid engine set up is dialed out, you can run into corners so much faster than the cars your racing due to the lack of brakes :sly: but dont worry the car will grip when you think you have gone in to hot. Exit speeds are also great with the ability to get onto full throttle very early out of each corner.

I hope this set up is a hoot to drive for all that give it a go, have fun!

Last edited:
I tried this tune doubting the wild settings and let me tell you...I was right. You have no control in the corners and the car instantly transfers from mass oversteer to understeer without any warning. It was impossible to finish one lap without losing it in a corner and getting a barrier impact penalty.

Has anyone other than the author tried these settings and had any sort of success?

Thats amazing, for me this car has no lift off oversteer and is a doddle to drive, I'm extremly sorry I have wasted your time and the tune does not work for you, for me it will lap in the 1.03's every lap!

Last edited:
This setup works pretty good, but something tells me there is still more speed somewhere. I too can run consistently in the 1:03s. I whipped off a nice 1:03.132 (not wall riding) with no draft in free run mode after about 20 laps of trial and error.👍

:cheers:glad you like it mate, good to here it works for someone else and not just me, thats a really fast time to, congrats :cheers:

Back