Loving the patch - Thanks SMSPC 

• Thread starter Miko Skye
  • 14 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I finally got some quality time with the game after the recent patch, and wow, it has transformed the game for me. Before the patch, I was struggling to get consistent laps out of any car on any circuit and starting to doubt my driving abilities to the point of not bothering to drive any more.

Now, I can lap consistently, change my style to suit the car and have the car respond in kind. I still doubt my driving abilities but that is because I can now see where I am slow and KNOW it is me that is slow - now I drive to improve !!!!

It is rather impressive that you have managed to model a game where you can see the effect of changing a style of driving and the car reacts in accordance - like truly amazing. I go in too hot and lunch the fronts on one lap with catastrophic understeer the result - the next I ease in and power out and pow!! LAPTIME! No set up change, just a change in dynamic loading of the car on turn in. Really amazing!

You really have done a great job on this, SMS, truly epic. Cars, circuits, driving, fun, graphics, performance...sounds (most of them ;)) - awesome!

Thank you from this "middle aged delighted to have a rebirth of racing pleasure" guy

I think the game feels better but constant CE errors ruining the whole experience. Not related to mismatched code either as it happens before any other players involved.

Wanted to thank the team as well. Can finally race indycars at indy without first turn pile ups. Don’t mind the growing pains with this game, worth it to experience the sensation of not lifting on lap 3 after your tires are warmed up...in 5th gear. Forza eat your heart out. Since this is the premier indycar title, here’s hoping for some more indycar dlc content in the future.

I really want to thank them too. Performance seems better in VR and racing in the rain is improved making for some amazing racing in the rain experiences.

I love the manufacturers and invitational events. It's such an improvement over the way it was handled in PC1.

I just installed this new patch for my PS4 and I'm very happy with the improved handling and physics!

I play with Thrustmaster T300RS wheel.

Driving the road cars feel better, i notice improvement in the steering and steering corrections like countersteering. Also big improvements with catching a slide with opposite lock is more realistic now with the road cars. Thanks so much for this new patch!

On PS4 here. Since we're posting good news I'd like to chime in and say since installing the patch 3.01 yesterday I was able to give it a whirl last night and extremely happy to report one of the biggest issues for me and others prior to the patch...that being with Editing/Saving setups.... seems to have been resolved. I did quite a couple editing/saving/writing over etc just to see how it was responding, double-checking to see if the adjustments and whatever remained and got no problems whatsoever. All performed famously. Happy camper.

I appreciate the patch too. No major issues that I've experienced. I just hope to see continued support of the game for a while to make sure the game's minor quirks and the class balance of performance are all worked out.

Can I add my little bit appreciation for the game here as well. This is the type of game I have always wanted and I am enjoying it thoroughly, just that little bit more now with this patch.

It is the best driving experience I have had since Geoff Crammond's Formula One Grand Prix when, showing my age here, I was an impressionable teenager!

Thanks

Back