Lowered use of FOMO items and mechanics.

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 0 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
I'm always nervous I'm gonna miss something in situations like the MiEx, or even the older used car dealership. I think between the game being designed to be fun enough in itself, such as through rotating ranked online races (and time trials) and seasonal championships, I don't think there should be a notable use of FOMO, and missable items such as paint colors or special cars.

I honestly prefer it when these cars are readily obtainable in the dealership, especially if one wanted to get an additional car of a particular model if you want to customize one of them differently.

However, if I had to offer an evolution to the MiEx (which I doubt would even use Milage Points, as I think a successor to GT Auto will return in the next game instead), it'd be to offer limited-time sales for items, rather than the very availability of them being limited-time, with no idea when (or if) they may return if you missed them. (In fact, I think for the most part, the special colors should just be additional options to the typical colors seen in the more basic color picker - where you don't necessarily pick hue/sat/vol - in addition to gloss/metallic/pearl.) If the seasonal events from the PS3-era games return, then similarly, instead of having exclusive limited-time colors as prizes, they could provide a voucher for that item, so you could get it for free, but if you miss the event, you can still buy it with credits at any time.

The sales themselves could follow a motif, too. So when there's a window when a major real-world race is going on, like the LM24 or Nurburgring 24h, there could be a bunch of center-lock wheels on sale.

Back