Lowering PP payouts

• Thread starter Punk24
  • 7 comments
United States
Washington
Punk_24
Does lowering Power Points increase the race payout?

Last night I raced Seasonal race Apec challenge 4 or 5 the Indy road race at 500pp.
The payout is listed at 303,000, I had 130% boost and the race payout was $399,100 (which is what i expect with 130%)

I read on this forum that lowering PP 40 points will net you double the payout. I tried this and it did not. I was racing my C12 Callaway at 469 PP and the payout was the same everytime.

Am I doing something wrong?

So far as I know, lowering the PP and getting extra cash only works in the seasonal events.

It may only be good the first time you run it, win, place or show.

I would not report it since I think those bonuses are trivial.

Last edited:
Good point, I did run it many times and was testing with differnt PP. But I read on here this is the best way to make cash and some people make millions in minutes doing the same race over and over at lower pp.

Me I just go for the nurb seasonal race on number 4 when I'm at 200% get an easy million if you use a carlike the ford gt lm spec 2 that's premium with racing softs.

None of the seasonals before the 430pp FF challenge (which means all of the A-spec and B-spec challenges) give out the PP bonus. But on the plus side, EVERY seasonal (aside from time/drift trials) after the 430pp FF challenge has the PP bonus, which is particularly useful in the 750pp real circuit tour which supports the Chaparral 2J, which has a ridiculously good Performance to PP ratio (the stock 2J has relatively low PP, but when you use it you will absolutely dominate every other car round the corners, and even the stock AI 2J keeps up with the slower LMP cars on the field!)

Does lowering Power Points increase the race payout?

Last night I raced Seasonal race Apec challenge 4 or 5 the Indy road race at 500pp.
The payout is listed at 303,000, I had 130% boost and the race payout was $399,100 (which is what i expect with 130%)

I read on this forum that lowering PP 40 points will net you double the payout. I tried this and it did not. I was racing my C12 Callaway at 469 PP and the payout was the same everytime.

Am I doing something wrong?
You're doing something wrong by not paying attention to the particular seasonal event you are trying to complete. The seasonal event that have the adjustment system for winnings compared to PP used in a race will ALWAYS have a sentence right at the bottom of the race description window telling you, "If you use a car with Xpp., you'll be awarded double the money you normally would by running Ypp.!"

If words to that effect are not present in a race description, then this means the event does not have this system in place.

Back