Lowest points scored in Nations race

• Thread starter BusyPunk
  • 0 comments
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
busypunk
In my first Nations race (and representing the UAE) I scored an impressive(ly low) 22 points on Friday night.

It was my first attempt at Nations race at Dragon Trail in the mighty M6.

The race included spinning on the way to the start line, a couple of (genuinely) harsh 10 second penalties and a couple of self induced spins. Qualified 12, ended up 15.

In my defense I had been working in Riyadh for a 4 days previously and had not played at all. Incredible how quickly you lose the rhythm. Instead of consistently lapping in the mid 1.40's I could only manage 1.42/1.43 consistently (and even that wasn't consistent). In the first chicane I just couldn't manage the transfer from brakes to power as well as I could before and in the chicane at start of sector 3 I just could not keep any speed through the exit.

BTW, the penalties were genuinely harsh I think. I tapped someone gently under braking and turned in on someone but immediately turned away again as soon as I realised they were there. Definitely my fault both times but 10 seconds each seemed harsh as it did not effect their race or cause them to lose time. 2 seconds a time would perhaps have been fairer.

Maybe I will drive the Beetle next time...

Back