Lowest prizes roulette

• Thread starter KeeperLaw
  • 25 comments
Canada
Canada
So I’ve been playing GT7 for a few weeks now and I noticed a glaring issue with the roulette prizes: no matter the star grading for the ticket, every single time I use it, I always get the lowest possible valued prize. Why is this?! What is the point to a roulette if its not going to even improve in prizes given. I understand it’s a gamble, for which I hate that that aspect exists within the game, but I don’t even receive a mid-range prize, let alone not even one of the top ones in roulette. Am I the only one having this issue? Is there a way to improve the odds?

So I’ve been playing GT7 for a few weeks now and I noticed a glaring issue with the roulette prizes: no matter the star grading for the ticket, every single time I use it, I always get the lowest possible valued prize. Why is this?! What is the point to a roulette if its not going to even improve in prizes given. I understand it’s a gamble, for which I hate that that aspect exists within the game, but I don’t even receive a mid-range prize, let alone not even one of the top ones in roulette. Am I the only one having this issue? Is there a way to improve the odds?
No, and no.

You will almost always get the lowest credit amount shown, because that's how it works. There's also no chance aspect to it at all; ticket prizes are predetermined (you can redraw a ticket by quitting before saving and it'll get the same prize) and probably based on a very, very, very long list of outcomes.

No, and no.

You will almost always get the lowest credit amount shown, because that's how it works. There's also no chance aspect to it at all; ticket prizes are predetermined (you can redraw a ticket by quitting before saving and it'll get the same prize) and probably based on a very, very, very long list of outcomes.
Awesome. Love that they hide it behind the guise of chance and all those other “glorious prizes”. What a waste.

If every player will get the same small reward then why do they showcase the other four possible prizes? Sometimes it's either a car,tuning part, gold bars or coins. It's a random thing that we have to deal with I guess.

If every player will get the same small reward then why do they showcase the other four possible prizes? Sometimes it's either a car,tuning part, gold bars or coins. It's a random thing that we have to deal with I guess.
I don't think everyone gets the same ticket. The only thing that happens is that the roulette will almost always pick the worst possible reward from each set of rewards each time.

The only thing that happens is that the roulette will almost always pick the worst possible reward from each set of rewards each time.
The roulette doesn't pick anything. It's a visual effect only - probably intended to resemble older GT games (some which did generate outcomes based on chance, and some which did not).

You can see for yourself. Redeem a ticket then quit the game without leaving the reward screen. Go back in, redeem it again... same prize. Every time, for every ticket you have.

There's solid evidence it's just like GT Sport's roulette (also predetermined) and reasonable evidence that both are just repurposed GT5 Used Car Dealer code (largely because that would make perfect sense, given that it is indeed predetermined).

It's not just the lowest credits prize. I'm convinced it gives you the engine that's worth the least, or ceramic brakes, etc. in those other tickets as well.

I've won 3 Honda engines and 3 Porsche Carerra invites :/

I won a Ferrari Enzo the other day, but that roulette ticket came from a menu rather than the daily workout now that I think about it…

No, and no.

As an example of this from my experience. Some time ago, a second after opening a reward ticket I just got a trophy about collecting cars (can't remember if was for storing 50 or 100 cars in the garage) even before the spinning animation started! At the roulette there was only 1 car (2013 Nismo GT3)

And I have figured out early which of the 5 will 99% of the time be the winner..... upper left
20230118_040335.jpg

Last edited:
There is an element of chance but the way that the roulette is coded makes it look as if there isn't. I think!

The way it seems to work is that when you win a ticket, there is an algorithm which determines what prize you will win. There does seem to be an element of randomness here. The algorithm is written so that in most cases you win a small amount of gold, say 1k or 3k or 10k.

The algorithm works before the roulette. The roulette animation then takes the prize that you have already won and surrounds it with other prizes. The roulette spin is just for show. Your prize is set before the roulette.

Where PD cocked up is that the other prizes are nearly always of a higher value than the prize you have won. It doesn't take players very long to spot this which ruins the illusion of a random roulette spin. If they had included both higher and lower amounts it would not look so bad.

If we are being kind, they might do this to make the bigger wins seem more valuable when they do happen. But it has probably annoyed most people who played the game.

Explain this "algorithm" when my buddy and I after a race just last night we both got ☆☆☆☆ tickets, and we both won a Silver Mazda RX-8 on those ☆☆☆☆ tickets....
Please explain...

There is an element of chance but the way that the roulette is coded makes it look as if there isn't. I think!

The way it seems to work is that when you win a ticket, there is an algorithm which determines what prize you will win. There does seem to be an element of randomness here. The algorithm is written so that in most cases you win a small amount of gold, say 1k or 3k or 10k.

The algorithm works before the roulette. The roulette animation then takes the prize that you have already won and surrounds it with other prizes. The roulette spin is just for show. Your prize is set before the roulette.

Where PD cocked up is that the other prizes are nearly always of a higher value than the prize you have won. It doesn't take players very long to spot this which ruins the illusion of a random roulette spin. If they had included both higher and lower amounts it would not look so bad.

If we are being kind, they might do this to make the bigger wins seem more valuable when they do happen. But it has probably annoyed most people who played the game.
According to @Famine the “algorithm” is actually just a list of prizes that the game works through behind the scenes and can be tweaked by an update so the only real element of chance is where you enter said list!

As many have mentioned above the ticket rewards are predetermined when receiving the ticket. However, there are still odds to winning various prizes, it just happens at a different moment in time, just as there are odds for what type of ticket you receive, although the odds change based on your collector level. It’s unfortunate that this system is the only way to receive Invitations and Special Tuning Parts as not only is the chance of getting want you want extremely low but they also give us duplicates of things we already have. Last update I received 2 identical “S” parts in a row for a car I no one uses, and they were from the super rare 6* “S” parts tickets, so I understand then system can be frustrating. Anyway, see the included photo for the odds of prizes for different tickets.

You will win better prizes. Think about flipping a coin, there will always be long streaks where the same side faces up. You will get streaks of other prizes that balance out a bit as long as the sample size is big enough. Also, as far as i’m concerned the worst prize for 4* tickets are REGULAR tuning parts, can be worth as little as 5k and could be an upgrade lower than what’s on your car or for a worthless car you never use…

For example, here are the daily rewards for the 29 tickets in my garage right now. Below this list are my daily rewards from 22 tickets a little over a month ago… I was keeping track of them for a bit

Rewards in Garage Now (29 Tickets)

3* (5 tickets)

• 5k (2x)
  • 10k (2x)
  • Cars (RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7)

4* (23 tickets)
  • 10k x9
  • 30k x4
  • Tuning Parts (5x)
  • S Part (1x)
  • Engine (1x) Audi Sports Quattro S1 Pikes Peak ‘97
  • Car (2x) McLaren 650s ‘14 and Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) ‘08
  • Invites (3x) Porsche (x2) and Lamborghini,

5* (1 ticket)
————————————————————————————————————-

Last Group of Daily Rewards from about 30 days ago (22 Tickets)

3* (3 tickets)

• 10k (x2)

4* (16 tickets)
  • 10k (5x)
  • 30k (6x)
  • Tuning Parts: Nitrous Corvette c7 Gr.4
  • Invites (2x): Aston Martin and Bugatti
  • Cars: Mercedes-AMG GT Safety Car

5* (2 tickets)
  • Cars: Peugeot VGT (Gr.3)

6* Special Parts (1 ticket)
  • Stroke up S (Toyota S-FR Racing Concept ‘16)

Attachments

• 36BAE4F2-6228-42E6-B87F-060B4E25477B.png
    36BAE4F2-6228-42E6-B87F-060B4E25477B.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
However, their are still odds to winning various prizes, it just happens at a different moment in time
While possible, I don't think it's the case.

The simplest way for PD to achieve the outcome is to repurpose the GT Sport roulette code - and the simplest way to do that is to repurpose the GT5 UCD code. There are similarities in how they work.

For the GT5 UCD, there was a preset list of (2^32)-1 "days", each of which had six cars on it. Some kind of number generator - which appeared to be based on console ID and user ID (because different users on the same console, and one user on different consoles, but not one user on one console after wiping their save) - determined where you would "start" on the list, with users clustered around two different starting points separated by millions of days. After that it was simply a case of advancing one day down the list for each day you progressed in the game.

GT Sport's roulette was also a predetermined list. We know this because you could pull the plug on a roulette, redraw it, and get the same prize. Back then it was also still possible to reset your game, and if you did so you would earn the exact same vehicles in the exact same order - with two exceptions. Again if you moved to a different console, your prizes would be different (but also preset; restart the game on the new console and you'd get the same new rewards in the same order), and updates would change your rewards completely.

The most obvious explanation for the predetermined rewards, the fact they changed after an update, and the unusual preponderance of certain vehicles was another list that you started on when you started the game (again probably generated by console ID/user ID) and simply progressed along. The key here was that - like GT5, but not quite so overtly in that game - the list isn't cars but car IDs; every car has a four-digit in-game identifier - which is of course 10000 (0000-9999) numbers for just 168 cars, meaning 9832 IDs with no car attached to them - and the game would just lookup the next valid ID on the list and give you that car. Inserting a new valid ID by inserting a car and the entire list (and the probabilities - but not chances) changes because there's now a new set of valid IDs.

If GT7 works the same way, they'd only have to fill about half the otherwise invalid CarID slots with "crap credits prize" and a few hundred with Invitations/Parts/Engines to generate the exact situation we see - leaving thousands vacant for new cars in updates and a 90% probability of crap credits. We do know that tickets always give the same prize except if you switch machines and after updates, just as with Sport/5, and the roulette "knows" the prize because - as noted above - if you're on the verge of a car collection PSN Trophy and the ticket will award a car, you will earn the Trophy before the animation even starts.

That's all not necessarily true, but it covers the outcomes we see. And developers do love reusing code where possible!

I can't tell you how the level of ticket you receive works though, aside from the game's claim it depends on collector level - which does bear out. Otherwise there's no sense of a pattern or any actions you can take to influence it, so a simple RNG would do it.

Explain this "algorithm" when my buddy and I after a race just last night we both got ☆☆☆☆ tickets, and we both won a Silver Mazda RX-8 on those ☆☆☆☆ tickets....
Please explain...
Random stuff happens randomly. That means that unlikely-looking coincidences will happen more often than we expect. One of the ways of spotting a man-made series is that humans tend not to include coincidences when faking a random sequence. But genuine random series do have coincidences.

Add to that the fact that we notice coincidences when they do happen and so tend to think that they happen more often than they do,

Random stuff happens randomly. That means that unlikely-looking coincidences will happen more often than we expect. One of the ways of spotting a man-made series is that humans tend not to include coincidences when faking a random sequence. But genuine random series do have coincidences.

Add to that the fact that we notice coincidences when they do happen and so tend to think that they happen more often than they do,
"Luck is probability taken personally" :D

I mostly always get a 5k or 10k prize on a 4 or 5 star roulette ticket which is bull sometimes.

I mostly always get a 5k or 10k prize on a 4 or 5 star roulette ticket which is bull sometimes.

It's true ,but if you read carefully the daily ticket roulette prize thread , they are people that 3* ,4* tickets becames.......Red bull .

Last edited:
Yeah, so I guess I'm not alone in this situation, so I guess I have to deal with it and move on. The positive is it's a little something to enjoy moneywise.

Back