Lumping a few noob questions into one thread...

PsuPepperoni

Muscle Car Drifter
Premium
United States
Kansas City
PsuPepperoni
1. When I first started playing, I had the blind-spot arrows telling me where opponent vehicles were, and they are implemented fantastically (much better than the indicators in GT6) but I turned them off somehow and can't figure where to turn them back on. They were a God-send in cockpit view, how do I get them back? I'm on PS4.
Edit: They came back, but I still don't know what I did.
Edit 2: Turns out they were patched out and then patched back in.

2. When tuning camber, the description says "raising this value will increase negative camber." That is worded confusingly and I think it's also wrong; giving a negative value seems to have the effects of negative camber. Can anyone confirm or clear this up?
Edit: This seems to go either way depending on what you think raising the camber value actually means. Anyway, I figured out what I wanted to know.

3. In the driving HUD next to the brake/accelerator indicators there is a gray bar that comes on sometimes and limits my acceleration even when all driving aids are turned off. What the heck is it?
Edit: It's the clutch. Thankyou @Orayani

4. (when) Is the Red Pack coming to PS4?
Edit: Yes, in January

Last edited:
Camber, the top of the wheels goes further under the wheel arches so to speak. / \ Your wheels would normally look. | |

More tyre wear less centre spot contact, too much and the edge of the tyres wear. The car also becomes tighter and more turn in but will affect top speed. Good for tracks with lots of flowing corners.

Grey bar is the clutch. Do you have auto blip on?

Camber, the top of the wheels goes further under the wheel arches so to speak. / \ Your wheels would normally look. | |
I know what camber is but the tuning description is confusing and, I'm pretty sure, wrong.

trT875g.jpg

Camber angle is the measure in degrees of the difference between the wheels vertical alignment perpendicular to the surface. If a wheel is perfectly perpendicular to the surface, its camber would be 0 degrees.
Camber is described as negative when the top of the tires begin to tilt inward towards the fender wells.
Consequently, when the top of the tires begin to tilt away from the vehicle it is considered positive.

The description is correct.

I know what camber is but the tuning description is confusing and, I'm pretty sure, wrong.

trT875g.jpg
Technically, going from say -0.1 to -1.0 is lowering the value in terms of pure mathematics but the part of the description that says "more negative camber gives more turn in etc...." is accurate. The more negative the number, the more camber you have, with it's accomanying benefits and tradeoffs. In other words, -1.0 camber is more camber than -0.1.

IMO it has to be mathematical. According to the description, if I want positive camber I would have to "lower" the value from -1 to 1. Wouldn't it be easier just to say that's raising the value?

Since three people so far have tried to answer this question by telling me what camber is, please see this thread on camber theory I made three years ago. :grumpy:

trT875g.jpg

For the record I too am on PS4.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................... I see your your problem and one that I worked out very early on.

Tip: DO NOT pay any attention to these these gooble de gook numbers on this screen!

ONLY look at the numbers to left where the picture of the car car is. These are what the REAL values are on the vehicle are. On some cars this screen shot as shown is as useful as a random number generator ;-) I have had to sometimes have quite different values left to right to get the same "actual" value on the car value. Also, while we are at it, I just love the way the numbers change while you are stationary in the pits >:-(

If anyone does not believe me just look at the rear camber on the new Porsche Cayman GT4. The camber on the left changes by 0.1 values where as the value on the right changes by 1.0 whole numbers and left and right NEVER matches!

This game is quite broken in some cases when it comes to tuning.

BTW I have found the only reliable numbers are tyre pressures, everything else on this csreen, wellllll, let's just say it is open to artistic interpretation. ;-)

So just to repeat myself "DO NOT" place ANY value or trust on the screen shot tables as shown, ONLY look at the actual numbers on the car silhouette to the left.

Tip: DO NOT pay any attention to these these gooble de gook numbers on this screen!

ONLY look at the numbers to left where the picture of the car car is. These are what the REAL values are on the vehicle are. On some cars this screen shot as shown is as useful as a random number generator ;-) I have had to sometimes have quite different values left to right to get the same "actual" value on the car value. Also, while we are at it, I just love the way the numbers change while you are stationary in the pits >:-(

If anyone does not believe me just look at the rear camber on the new Porsche Cayman GT4. The camber on the left changes by 0.1 values where as the value on the right changes by 1.0 whole numbers and left and right NEVER matches!

This game is quite broken in some cases when it comes to tuning.

BTW I have found the only reliable numbers are tyre pressures, everything else on this csreen, wellllll, let's just say it is open to artistic interpretation. ;-)

So just to repeat myself "DO NOT" place ANY value or trust on the screen shot tables as shown, ONLY look at the actual numbers on the car silhouette to the left.
The left and right don't match because the numbers you are looking at are with the car sitting on the ground. If the pit box is not perfectly level you'll have different loads left and right, front and back, hence the differing values. The numbers you program into the setup are static and unloaded. I've seen the numbers changing in the pits by 0.1 and I always chalked it up to rounding and the value floating around the 0.49 and 0.50 number.

The left and right don't match because the numbers you are looking at are with the car sitting on the ground. If the pit box is not perfectly level you'll have different loads left and right, front and back, hence the differing values. The numbers you program into the setup are static and unloaded. I've seen the numbers changing in the pits by 0.1 and I always chalked it up to rounding and the value floating around the 0.49 and 0.50 number.

Yes I can agree with all that BUT and this is a big BUT *IF* the actual car alignment figures are not static *THEN* the setup screen should reflect *the real* numbers as to what you want it set too. This situation of the setup numbers having no relationship to anything (except tyre pressures) then Kunos either needs change this *or* make the car display the theoretical static numbers.

The current situation is unviable and leads to confusion and in the case I quoted of the Cayman GT4 just plain wrong.

the setup screen should reflect *the real* numbers as to what you want it set too. This situation of the setup numbers having no relationship to anything (except tyre pressures) then Kunos either needs change this *or* make the car display the theoretical static numbers.

I think it's actually pretty cool. I mean, your "theoretical static number" display is what you set it to, just like any other game. AC just happens to have some extra info on what the car is doing in real-time.

Yes I can agree with all that BUT and this is a big BUT *IF* the actual car alignment figures are not static *THEN* the setup screen should reflect *the real* numbers as to what you want it set too. This situation of the setup numbers having no relationship to anything (except tyre pressures) then Kunos either needs change this *or* make the car display the theoretical static numbers.

The current situation is unviable and leads to confusion and in the case I quoted of the Cayman GT4 just plain wrong.
If it's unviable then so is every other game I'm aware of because they only display static information as well, at least the ones I remember. I've never, ever looked at the dynamic numbers except in passing because they only represent the car at rest, in the pits, not under load, while cornering/braking/accelerating. I tune the same as every other game, with the static numbers. I guess it could be confusing if you don't know why the numbers are different, but now that you do, it's extra information you can either use or ignore. Don't know what's wrong with the Cayman, may be an issue with the car or just the console version. You should see if a report was made about it on the official forums.

If it's unviable then so is every other game I'm aware of because they only display static information as well, at least the ones I remember. I've never, ever looked at the dynamic numbers except in passing because they only represent the car at rest, in the pits, not under load, while cornering/braking/accelerating. I tune the same as every other game, with the static numbers. I guess it could be confusing if you don't know why the numbers are different, but now that you do, it's extra information you can either use or ignore. Don't know what's wrong with the Cayman, may be an issue with the car or just the console version. You should see if a report was made about it on the official forums.

You are obviously a PC user and have no idea what I am saying.

Like a lot of these threads PS4 users are talked down by PC users that have no idea what our problems are.

I have answered and hopefully helped the OP who, BTW is also a PS4 user.

Last edited:
You and PsuPepperoni are obviously PC users and have no idea what I am saying.

Like a lot of these threads PS4 users are talked down by PC users that have no idea what our problems are.

I have answered and hopefully helped the OP who, BTW is also a PS4 user.
You are raging over a non-issue and I'm responding as politely as possible. You declared the game unviable because you don't understand one feature and when it's explained to you, and it becomes a non-issue, you choose to lash out on a personal level. You're so enraged, in fact, you don't even know who the OP is and you're raging at him too because he's on pc (hint: no) and because of some imagined slight:lol:

Wow! Not being disrespectfull to anyone. Some of the Bull 🤬 I read on here is incredible. Look, do some research,ask a viable question. I'm pretty sure no PC" Master Race" is looking down apon anyone. :gtpflag:

Last edited:
:odd: The OP is PsuPepperoni, so who is talking down to who here?

Oops I got a little confused there and do apologise.

You are raging over a non-issue and I'm responding as politely as possible. You declared the game unviable because you don't understand one feature and when it's explained to you, and it becomes a non-issue, you choose to lash out on a personal level. You're so enraged, in fact, you don't even know who the OP is and you're raging at him too because he's on pc (hint: no) and because of some imagined slight:lol:

I am not raging and as I said you clearly do not understand what I have said so for clarity I will restate what I said because you appear to be using the PC version and have not seen what is on the PS4.

On PS4 the set up screen numbers (except for tyre pressures) displayed have no correlation to the actual values on the car as displayed on the diagram to the left of screen. When tuning these numbers on the LHS diagram is what you should tune to. However, these are not static numbers but some values change in real time (for what ever reason). IMHO this leads to confusion for some people (not me).

Also in my opinion Kunos should have either displayed the static values in the diagram to reflect the state of tune OR made the setup screen use actual real values that you can set the static or base tune setting too so to eliminate possible confusion.

Have I managed to clear this up now? Or do you wish to tell me I am still raging or don't understand the issue? ;-)

I am not raging and as I said you clearly do not understand what I have said so for clarity I will restate what I said because you appear to be using the PC version and have not seen what is on the PS4.

On PS4 the set up screen numbers (except for tyre pressures) displayed have no correlation to the actual values on the car as displayed on the diagram to the left of screen. When tuning these numbers on the LHS diagram is what you should tune to. However, these are not static numbers but some values change in real time (for what ever reason). IMHO this leads to confusion for some people (not me).

Also in my opinion Kunos should have either displayed the static values in the diagram to reflect the state of tune OR made the setup screen use actual real values that you can set the static or base tune setting too so to eliminate possible confusion.

Have I managed to clear this up now? Or do you wish to tell me I am still raging or don't understand the issue? ;-)
I understood exactly what you said the first time. My point still stands. I explained why the numbers are different. Every other game uses static numbers to tune, you can use the static numbers in AC and you're on par with every other game. Should it be better explained? Yes. Are some people confused? Most likely. I've yet to find any sim that really does a good job explaining things in the menus. Does it make the game unviable? That's ridiculous quite frankly. @PsuPepperoni had the simplest explanation, sans all the raging:
I think it's actually pretty cool. I mean, your "theoretical static number" display is what you set it to, just like any other game. AC just happens to have some extra info on what the car is doing in real-time.

I understood exactly what you said the first time.

You obviously didn't or we would not be still discussing this point.

My point still stands. I explained why the numbers are different. Every other game uses static numbers to tune, you can use the static numbers in AC and you're on par with every other game. [/QUOTE]

The static numbers, or the numbers that you change in the set up screen on PS4 *DO NOT* correlate to the actual tuned numbers (except tyre pressures) and this is not the same as every other game on PS3/4.

Would you like me to post screen shots that actually prove this?

You obviously didn't or we would not be still discussing this point.

My point still stands. I explained why the numbers are different. Every other game uses static numbers to tune, you can use the static numbers in AC and you're on par with every other game.
There's nothing to prove, I already explained why the numbers are different and I don't see anyone else that has an issue with it. I think 10,000 words of explaination with diagrams, flowcharts and engineering diagrams would not stop the raging so why bother.

There's nothing to prove, I already explained why the numbers are different and I don't see anyone else that has an issue with it. I think 10,000 words of explaination with diagrams, flowcharts and engineering diagrams would not stop the raging so why bother.

Sighhhhhh.................. There is just no having an intelligent discussion with some very blinkered people is there? Also your explanation is dead wrong (as applied to the PS4 version up to 1.10).

The static numbers, or the numbers that you change in the set up screen on PS4 *DO NOT* correlate to the actual tuned numbers (except tyre pressures) and this is not the same as every other game on PS3/4.
Imagine you have a real car with adjustable camber. You set both front wheels to -2 degrees. Now you park the car on a hill so that the right side of the car is facing downhill. What happens to the camber of the front wheels?

Imagine you have a real car with adjustable camber. You set both front wheels to -2 degrees. Now you park the car on a hill so that the right side of the car is facing downhill. What happens to the camber of the front wheels?

I am sorry to say that you have missed my point too.

Have a look at the picture you posted in this thread. You have a blue arrow pointting to the RHS camber and it says "-0.8". Now have a look at the diagram to left of the car and you will see that the camber is wildly different to this figure. This is virtually the same for every car in this game. What you set the "numbers to" in the set up screen have *no* correlation to any real (static or dynamic) value on the vehicle.

E.g. You may set this number to -0.8 and the value on the car may be -3.25 degrees. Like I keep saying the only numbers that correspond are tyre pressures, every other value has no direct relation to what the actual adjustment is on the car on PS4. If you believe that the actual camber is -0.8 then you are mistaken. It would help if I knew exactly what car we are discussing and what version of the game (they do change).

Have a look at several other vehicles and get back to me.

Latest Posts

Back